Brooklyn, New York /
Runway is building the next generation of creative tools. We are a small team of artists, engineers, developers, and researchers working together to predict-by-inventing the future. Our team members used to work at NYU, Disney Research, IBM Research, Linode, and Stanford.
We've built a tool that makes machine learning easy and accessible for all types of creatives. And our users love it. But our vision is bigger. We are transforming how content and media is created. For decades, media creation has relied on incremental iterations of the same old tools. And while some of those tools have become smarter in recent years, they're still very much rooted in an outdated paradigm. We've been stuck with the same old Creative Suite for way too long. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will not just bring automation at every scale, but a significant change in how we create. That's why Runway is reimagining how we create, so we can create new things.
Runway has an active and growing community of artists and creators all over the world. IBM, Google, R/GA, New Balance, Chanel, and dozen of companies are using Runway to create and explore new creative boundaries. Runway is also used to teach at a wide variety of institutions. From architectural programs at MIT to self-organized independent workshops in Perú.
We are looking for a Community Lead to join our team and help us grow the Runway community. You will be working on creating the best practical resources and content to help our growing community best understand how to engage with Runway. This requires a good understanding of machine learning as well as computational thinking.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating content and campaigns that resonates with our community.
- Working closely with users, creators, and artists using Runway.
- Creating content, tutorials, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrates how to develop, deploy and manage Runway projects.
- Building relationships with key users, foster a healthy community, and collect and prioritize - product - feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Generating and nurturing a long-term strategy for our community.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A self-starter spirit that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our users and platform the most successful.
- Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Experience working with fast-moving teams and products.
- Engineering experience is a plus
- Design experience is a plus
We are a young company and this role is a unique opportunity to join a market-defining company in its early stages. We are looking for a passionated Community Lead to join a highly creative team and help us design, organize, and build the tools of the future.
This is a full-time role. We are based in New York, but welcome remote applications from everywhere 🌍