Brooklyn, New York /
Runway is building the next generation of creative tools. We are a small team of artists, engineers, developers, and researchers working together to predict-by-inventing the future. Our team members used to work at NYU, Disney Research, IBM Research, Linode, and Stanford.
We've built a tool that makes machine learning easy and accessible for all types of creatives. And our users love it. But our vision is bigger. We are transforming how content and media is created. For decades, media creation has relied on incremental iterations of the same old tools. And while some of those tools have become smarter in recent years, they're still very much rooted in an outdated paradigm. We've been stuck with the same old Creative Suite for way too long. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will not just bring automation at every scale, but a significant change in how we create. That's why Runway is reimagining how we create, so we can create new things.
Runway has an active and growing community of artists and creators all over the world. IBM, Google, R/GA, New Balance, Chanel, and dozen of companies are using Runway to create and explore new creative boundaries. Runway is also used to teach at a wide variety of institutions. From architectural programs at MIT to self-organized independent workshops in Perú.
We are a young company and this role is a unique opportunity to join a market-defining company in its early stages. We are looking for a passionated Product Designer to join a highly creative team and help us design, organize, and build the tools of the future.
This is a full-time role. We are based in New York, but welcome remote applications from everywhere 🌍
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Experience designing interfaces for web products.
- Understanding of modern web technologies, web interactions, and usability standards.
- Conducted user research and have ability to make use of data to inform design decisions.
- Experience delivering and iterating product features and close collaboration with engineering teams.
- Ability and flexibility to iterate fast and often.
- Experience prototyping and you excel communicating your ideas to others.
- Passion about working with small teams, establishing a design culture, and creating a design-centric process within the company.
- Knowledge and understanding of the creative tool space.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Motivated and self-starter. Opinionated about your ideas.
- Design experience working with engineering teams shipping products.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Front-end development experience (+1 for React).
- An artistic and creative potential. (+ 1 for skills with video/audio editing, icon/typography design, Illustration, etc).
- Educational experience.
- Experience with machine learning or working with other emerging technologies.
More about Runway: