Brooklyn, New York /
Runway is building the next generation of creative tools. We are a small team of artists, engineers, developers, and researchers working together to predict-by-inventing the future. Our team members used to work at NYU, Disney Research, IBM Research, Linode, and Stanford.
We've built a tool that makes machine learning easy and accessible for all types of creatives. And our users love it. But our vision is bigger. We are transforming how content and media is created. For decades, media creation has relied on incremental iterations of the same old tools. And while some of those tools have become smarter in recent years, they're still very much rooted in an outdated paradigm. We've been stuck with the same old Creative Suite for way too long. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will not just bring automation at every scale, but a significant change in how we create. That's why Runway is reimagining how we create, so we can create new things.
Runway has an active and growing community of artists and creators all over the world. IBM, Google, R/GA, New Balance, Chanel, and dozen of companies are using Runway to create and explore new creative boundaries. Runway is also used to teach at a wide variety of institutions. From architectural programs at MIT to self-organized independent workshops in Perú.
We are a young company and this role is a unique opportunity to join a market-defining company in its early stages. We are looking for a passionated Product Manager to join a highly creative team and help us design, organize, and build the tools of the future.
This is a full-time role. We are based in New York, but welcome remote applications from everywhere 🌍
What you’ll be doing:
- Representing the user: Studying and understanding how our users use and interact with Runway. Identifying pain points and defining feature prioritization.
- Support and champion the core business case.
- Managing and tracking the product objectives, releases, and features.
- Communicating Internally: Making sure that information is properly communicated within the team. Gather internal feedback to make sure everyone is aligned, bought in, and happy.
- Communicating Externally: coordinate and help organize product releases, marketing campaigns, and overall communication strategy for the product.
- Organizing QA sessions.
- Keep track of analytics instrumentation.
- Being a fundamental and critical part of the team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A deeply analytical approach to research and prioritization.
- Knowledge of the current state-of-the-art ML capabilities.
- Experience balancing user needs and results by incorporating feedback from interviews and analytics.
- Business product sense and UX design experience, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users.
- Experience working with fast-moving teams and products.
- Experience developing and shipping products.
- Strong systems thinking.
- Engineering experience is a plus
- Design experience is a plus
More about Runway:
- The Verge: Runway ML puts AI tools in the hands of creators everywhere
- TechWeek: Runway ML – Harnessing AI to augment creativity
- iHeart Radio Sleepwalkers: Chocolate Chicken Chicken Cake
- Runway at the Machine Learning for Creativity and Design NeurIPS 2018 Workshop, Montreal, Canada
- MIT DocuBase: Interview with Cristóbal Valenzuela, Founder of RunwayML
- Corridor Crew: This Crazy A.I. Filter Turns Cartoons Into NIGHTMARES