Strategic Partnerships Manager (Labs)
San Francisco or Remote /
BD & Partnerships /
A Little About us...
At Rupa Health, we’re on a mission to fundamentally improve the health of every person on the planet. We see functional medicine as the missing piece for millions of people suffering from chronic health conditions. That’s why we are committed to creating the technology for this thriving area of scientifically-backed integrative healthcare. We’re building the infrastructure for the next generation of medicine.
Our first product is the Rupa Labs portal. Rupa Labs makes it super simple for functional medicine practitioners to order, dispense, and receive results from 20+ lab companies in one place. It is essential infrastructure for functional medicine practitioners, turning an archaic 15 hour-a-week process into a delightful 15 minute task. With Rupa, practitioners can get back to what’s important - helping people get well!
We’re backed by and work closely with our world class investors: First Round Capital, Mike Maples / Floodgate, Ron Conway / SV Angel, Joe Montana, Hustle Fund, healthcare domain experts, former founders with successful exits, the product brains behind Gmail, Facebook newsfeed, Dropbox, and more.
We’re also fortunate to be advised by the best in the industry, including the Head of Health and co-founder of IDEO, the co-founder of Honor HomeCare, domain experts with backgrounds from Harvard, Stanford, MIT, Johns Hopkins, and more.
We’ve been growing like crazy this year, with exponential month-over-month growth. To help fuel this rapid growth we’ve recently closed a round from First Round Capital, one of the top venture capital firms in the world.
A company is only as good as its people, and so we’re looking for a Strategic Lab Relationships Manager who can join us on this fast-paced journey.
Rupa links practitioners to laboratories that run tests to help them diagnose and treat patients. We're looking for a collaborative strategic thinker to help us expand, deepen, and streamline the ways we work with our lab provider partners.
You'll be in charge of all pieces of our relationships with our partner labs. You'll take over this role from our CEO and will be working very closely with her. This includes:
- Discovering, evaluating, and prioritizing new lab companies for the Rupa Labs portal
- Building and streamlining onboarding processes for new labs
- Negotiating pricing and other features with labs
- Putting contracts in place
- Managing the relationship with the lab company as the point of contact
- Delighting our lab partners and building strong connections
- Working with our product & product ops team to get them what they need from the labs
We’re a close-knit, scrappy, and hardworking small team, and that means we’re looking for talented relationship-builders who can offer more than just customer support or process management. You’ll work closely with the founding team to iterate on the Rupa Labs portal and the ways we work with labs to surprise and delight practitioners and patients alike. There’s a lot of unexplored territory in this space, and we’ll be relying on your ingenuity and problem-solving skills to come up with novel solutions that can help us deliver more value more efficiently for everyone in our ecosystem. We’ll also be looking for you to provide your thoughts on the product direction and company strategy.
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of management consulting, private equity, business development, or partnerships experience. You are hardworking, a fast learner, and a creative problem solver. You excel at taking ambiguous problems, breaking them down, and solving them without every aspect being laid out for you.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills. You know how to build win-win-win solutions and craft the right story for any situation. You're personable and aren't afraid to dive into tough conversations.
- Exceptional communication skills: this role, by its nature, is cross-functional and you'll spend a lot of time working with both external and internal (product, operations, design, engineering) counterparts.
- Detail-oriented: you're working with products and processes as much as you are with people, and if you don't get the little things right it's like a rock in your shoe. If you sweat the minor stuff, you'll be rewarded!
- Data proficient: data helps us understand if we're moving in the right direction, so you should be able to not just get data but define what metrics matter and, more importantly, which ones don't
- Growth mindset: this is a fast-moving, early-stage company and we adapt our priorities to resource constraints and market needs. You'll need to be open to learning new things, getting things wrong in smart ways, and rapidly iterating.
- Experience working in other early-stage tech startups. Bonus points if you’ve been a founder!
- A passion for functional medicine and creating the infrastructure for the future of healthcare.
You’ll be joining our all-star core team who have 10+ years experience in the space, have won awards for their biotech research, worked hands on with chronically ill patients, built multiple multi-billion-dollar companies, and much more. The core team comes from Stanford, Wharton, Yale, Parsley Health, Forward, Lululemon, Everlywell, Square, and more. We each have very personal reasons for wanting to transform this space. We’ve experienced firsthand the impact functional medicine can have and are committed to this cause.
Beyond our collective excitement for the space, we’re a super close team who values personal development, being active, growth mindsets, a great sense of humor, and a healthy balance of optimism and realism. We work hard, care about each other, and have a ton of fun. 🙌
If this sounds like you, we’re stoked to meet you!