Principal Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
Development – Programming /
realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 280 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Freiburg (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Principal Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
- Design, architect, implement and oversee the technical implementation of scalable services, telemetry collection and data reporting within the realworld one backend infrastructure
- Participate in code review sessions with senior backend engineers
- Leverage data to understand and ensure the stability of each of the individual components within the backend infrastructure
- Ensure a clean codebase
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to the backend infrastructure
- 8+ years of experience in a common backend language such as C# / Java / Python / NodeJS and of strong experience with databases (SQL / NoSQL) and caching mechanisms
- Experience with public cloud services such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with client networking (synchronous and asynchronous) implementations
- Strong analytical skills and experience with telemetry collection, analytics pipelines, architecture and technical documentation
- Experience in backend leadership and software engineering best practices, such as testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Being familiar with DevOps concepts or Linux environments, experience with microservice and backend architecture for online games and with operation with live users would be a plus
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Receive a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.