Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Our mission is to create a revolutionary virtual and augmented reality marketplace for industry and science, integrating the most powerful information available.
realworld one is a technology company that develops state-of-the-art virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions for the life sciences, analytical and diagnostics, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries. Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Carl Zeiss, Qiagen, Tecan, GEA, KSB and Festo, among many others.
We possess strong scientific and industry expertise and have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of training, sales, marketing and service. We are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of over 200 employees based in Germany, the US, China and India. We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
- Create backend systems by identifying and applying the best technologies to solve a given problem
- Design data systems to be scalable, reliable, highly available, observable and maintainable
- Apply the best software-engineering practices to ensure code quality and maintainability
- Optimize backend components to maximize performance and minimize resource consumption
- Maintain comprehensive workflow documentation and knowledge sharing
- Grasp the complexity of project planning and implementation, including scope of work, time estimation and resource allocation
- Inspire and motivate your team to generate new ideas and solutions
- 4+ years of software-engineering experience, 2 of those years with experience in building server-side applications
- Experience with building web apps and services using C# and the ASP.NET framework
- Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs for integrating with front-end technologies
- Experience with microservice architecture and the design of independent modules which communicate via well-defined contracts
- Proficiency in at least one relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL and one NoSQL database, such as wide column, document, key-value or graph databases
- Experience with cloud native applications is a plus
- Ability to deliver well-structured code that follows clean code principles
- Familiarity with Git
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
Our offer to you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, successful tech company with a broad international customer base from multiple fields, including the life sciences and the analytical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries
- Option to receive company stock in addition to a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- The experience of creating highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Receive relocation and visa support
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.