Software Engineer, Computational Photography
San Francisco, CA /
Software Engineering /
Rylo is a powerful camera that captures everything around you and creates exceptionally smooth, beautiful video that's easy to share. Developed by a team of former Instagram and Apple engineers, Rylo’s breakthrough stabilization software and smartphone app eliminate the traditional pain points of shooting, editing, and sharing videos. With Rylo, you don’t have to worry about framing your shot or holding the camera steady to capture a video you’re proud to share — simply hit record and make the perfect video after-the-fact.
In this role, you will work on core algorithms for the Rylo camera and future products to fundamentally improve the photography and cinematography experience. This covers both the improvements of the image quality and creating new computational photography features. You will develop end-to-end solutions, including algorithm design, implementation, quality evaluation, performance optimization to final deployment.
You will work closely with software engineers, hardware engineers, and designers to push the boundaries and capabilities of consumer cameras.
What you'll work on:
- Design and implement novel computational photography algorithms.
- Work closely with the hardware team to design new camera products.
- Transfer technology to product groups and see your ideas shipped in product.
Who we're looking for:
- Masters degree and 4 years of experience, or PhD in EE/CS.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of image processing, computer vision, computational photography.
- You should be fluent in C / C++ programming and in a rapid prototyping environment such as MATLAB.
- Parallel programming skills (e.g., CUDA, Halide, OpenCL, Metal) are a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills required.
- We’re backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You’ll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: backend, frontend, iOS, Android, desktop, and embedded systems.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do and work hard to do it.
- Since launching in November 2017, we’ve expanded distribution to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving, transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You’ll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the world.
Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to snacks and drinks