Computer Vision Research Scientist
Engineering – Engineering AI
The SafeAI autonomous platform for the heavy equipment industries powered by AI technology is the most advanced in the construction and mining industry.
Autonomous and AI technology has advanced significantly in recent years and has the potential to drastically change the way a tasks are done and automated technology in the construction and mining industry provides cost, production, and safety benefits.
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by AI and autonomous vehicle technology engineers who worked at Caterpillar, Apple, NVIDIA, and Intel. Our leadership also brings expertise from other autonomous car companies and global mining company, Glencore. Our platform includes software and hardware that encompasses the top to bottom needs of autonomous system, including 1) Planning and Simulation, 2) Autonomous Operation, and 3) Monitoring and Reporting.
Currently we are working on autonomous skid-steer to perform load and carry task, autonomous mining truck ( 220 Tonne payload truck) for load haul dump cycle, and autonomous dozer to identify and estimate pile of dirt.
Recent news about SafeAI:
We are searching for a PhD Computer Vision Research Scientist with a specialization in autonomy to join our fast-paced research team. As a Computer Vision Engineer,you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on large-scale autonomous problems and push forward the frontiers of AI technologies. You will be involved in all stages of algorithm development from inception and initial implementation to evaluation and all the way to a deployable in real robotics products. You will work with existing team members with expertise spanning reinforcement learning, autonomous vehicles, deep learning, computer vision, robotics.
- Ph.D. in CS/EE or closely related field with computer vision focus
- Expert knowledge in CNN based in Object Detection/tracking
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in computer vision, lidar processing, radar processing, environmental modeling, and/or sensor fusion
- Classic computer vision, image processing skills, proficient at geometry
- Camera sensors, extrinsic calibration skills
- Proficient in Programming languages such as C, C++, and Python
- Proficient in Projective geometry, SLAM, SfM
- Experience in shipping computer vision code
- Experience developing real-time LIDAR Perception and/or Computer Vision systems. Performance optimization for higher frame rates.
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection.
- Experience with at least one mainstream deep learning framework
- Experience with GPU programming languages including CUDA or openCL
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!