CNN Data Engineer
Engineering – Engineering AI
The SafeAI autonomous platform for the heavy equipment industries powered by AI technology is the most advanced in the construction and mining industry.
Autonomous and AI technology has advanced significantly in recent years and has the potential to drastically change the way a tasks are done and automated technology in the construction and mining industry provides cost, production, and safety benefits.
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by AI and autonomous vehicle technology engineers who worked at Caterpillar, Apple, NVIDIA, and Intel. Our leadership also brings expertise from other autonomous car companies and global mining company, Glencore. Our platform includes software and hardware that encompasses the top to bottom needs of autonomous system, including 1) Planning and Simulation, 2) Autonomous Operation, and 3) Monitoring and Reporting.
Currently we are working on autonomous skid-steer to perform load and carry task, autonomous mining truck ( 220 Tonne payload truck) for load haul dump cycle, and autonomous dozer to identify and estimate pile of dirt.
Recent news about SafeAI:
We are searching for a Data Engineer with a specialization in Image Data for CNN pipelines. As a Data Engineer, you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on large-scale autonomous problems and push forward the frontiers of AI technologies. You will be involved in all stages of algorithm development from inception and initial implementation to evaluation and all the way to a deployable in heavy robotics products. You will work with a great team of engineers with expertise spanning reinforcement learning, autonomous vehicles, deep learning, computer vision, robotics.
- BS in CS/EE/ML or closely related field with computer vision focus, preferred MS in CS/EE/ML
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial data engineering
- Prototype-to-production development of ML models
- Classic Machine Learning and Data Science knowledge (SVM, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, KNN etc.)
- Good understanding of bias/variance trade-off, regularization, dimension reduction
- AWS/ GC experience with large volume data pipelines
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in scripting large data projects
- Proficient in programming languages such as C, C++, and Python
- Strong foundation in data structures and optimization algorithms
- Experience in shipping image processing products with large data pipelines
- Experience with ETL tools and image pre-processing tools (OpenCV, PCL)
- Experience developing Computer Vision/CNN systems
- Experience optimizing data pipelines for image processing
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks
- Image annotation tools
- Docket instances, Jenkins
- Amazon sagemaker, Amazon Redshift, EC2
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!