Software Engineer, Motion Planning & Controls
Engineering – Engineering AV
The SafeAI autonomous platform for the heavy equipment industries powered by AI technology is the most advanced in the construction and mining industry.
Autonomous and AI technology has advanced significantly in recent years and has the potential to drastically change the way a tasks are done and automated technology in the construction and mining industry provides cost, production, and safety benefits.
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by AI and autonomous vehicle technology engineers who worked at Caterpillar, Apple, NVIDIA, and Intel. Our leadership also brings expertise from other autonomous car companies and global mining company, Glencore. Our platform includes software and hardware that encompasses the top to bottom needs of autonomous system, including 1) Planning and Simulation, 2) Autonomous Operation, and 3) Monitoring and Reporting.
Currently we are working on autonomous skid-steer to perform load and carry task, autonomous mining truck ( 220 Tonne payload truck) for load haul dump cycle, and autonomous dozer to identify and estimate pile of dirt.
Recent news about SafeAI:
Motion Planning & Controls team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe and correct path for vehicle to travel. This role will require in depth understanding of the motion planning and controls stack. The role will include dedicated time on mining truckto resolve open issues, identifyingthe root cause, and then working with the team to resolve these issues. Shoulddevelop algorithm that includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, other equipment in the site, trajectory generation, and dynamic stability envelop.
- MSc/PhD in electrical or robotics, or a related field
- Knowledge of search-based algorithms, path planning, A*,RRT, D** ,etc.
- Obstacle avoidance, Behavioral planning, new motion planning algorithms for comfortable and safe trajectories efficiently
- Knowledge of discrete and continuous optimization methods
- Hands-on experience in robotic and/or vehicle system design and implementation
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and modeling
- Good programming skills with C/C++, ROS, could produce robust, well-tested C++ software
- Experience in modern planning approaches including randomized search methods and trajectory optimization and modern model predictive control and other advanced control techniques
- Developing algorithms including path planning
- Solid background and knowledge in vehicle or robotic planning
- Capability to read and implement latest approaches in trajectory planning
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!