Software Engineering Lead, Path Planning
Milpitas, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley based technology company powered by a founding talent team with experience across Apple, Ford, and Caterpillar. The company’s focus is on autonomous vehicle technology, designed and built specifically for heavy equipment used in the mining and construction industries. At SafeAI we believe that applying advances in autonomy and artificial intelligence to mining and construction can do a lot to not only make work sites safer, but also increase efficiencies and boost productivity.
SafeAI is seeking an experienced Path Planning Lead Engineer who is passionate about delivering autonomous solutions to production. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience in developing path planning algorithms and implementing production quality software in C/C++.
· Lead and develop path planning algorithms that include route planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and open space planning
· Develop production quality code and own your algorithms from design to production
· Run simulation for path planning algorithm development and test various scenarios
· Test code on mining and construction equipment
· MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
· Strong programming skills with C/C++, could produce robust, well-tested C++ software
· Knowledge of search-based algorithms, path planning, A*, RRT, D**, etc.
· Experience as a technical or team lead, passionate about leading and building strong technical team
· Good leadership and mentoring skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Obstacle avoidance, Behavioral planning, new motion planning algorithms for comfortable and safe trajectories efficiently
· Knowledge of discrete and continuous optimization methods
· Hands-on experience in robotic and/or vehicle system design and implementation
· Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and modeling
· Good programming skills with C/C++, ROS, could produce robust, well-tested C++ software
· Experience with C++ 14 and 17
· Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
· Experience in modern planning approaches including randomized search methods and trajectory optimization and modern model predictive control and other advanced control techniques
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!