CNN/Computer Vision Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley based technology company powered by a founding talent team with experience across Apple, Ford, and Caterpillar. The company’s focus is on autonomous vehicle technology, designed and built specifically for heavy equipment used in the mining and construction industries. At SafeAI we believe that applying advances in autonomy and artificial intelligence to mining and construction can do a lot to not only make work sites safer, but also increase efficiencies and boost productivity.
We are searching for a Computer Vision / CNN Software Engineer with a specialization in autonomy to join our fast-paced research team. As a CNN/CV Software Engineer, you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on large-scale autonomous problems and push forward the frontiers of AI technologies. You will develop novel and accurate computer vision algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources. You will be involved in all stages of algorithm development from inception and initial implementation to evaluation and all the way to a deployable in real robotics products. You will work with a team of great engineers with expertise spanning reinforcement learning, autonomous vehicles, deep learning, computer vision and robotics.
· Work on areas such as DNN based object detection and classification and semantic segmentation and sensor fusion using a variety of sensor modalities (Camera, LIDAR and Radar)
· Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality computer vision and machine learning modules
· Benchmark algorithms based on speed, accuracy and robustness
· Solidifying existing algorithms and working with large amounts of data to continuously improve the algorithmic and computational performance
· MS or Ph.D. in CS/EE with background in image processing, computer vision, machine learning and or deep learning
· Experience in computer vision geometry and concepts including intrinsic and extrinsic calibrations, homogeneous coordinates, projection matrices, and epipolar geometry. Some additional expertise in more advanced geometric fields, such as structure from motion, visual odometry, etc., is highly desirable.
· Experience with OpenCV and other computer vision libraries
· Experience with deep learning framework (TensorFlow), infrastructures and model optimization (TensorRT)
· Strong programming skills in C/C++, could produce robust, well-tested C++ software
· Experience writing production-level code in C/C++; experience with C++11 (and later), real-time systems, and generic programming are highly desirable.
· Experience in shipping computer vision code
· Experience with CUDA
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
· Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!