CNN/Computer Vision Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering AI
The SafeAI autonomous platform for the heavy equipment industries powered by AI technology is the most advanced in the construction and mining industry.
Autonomous and AI technology has advanced significantly in recent years and has the potential to drastically change the way a tasks are done and automated technology in the construction and mining industry provides cost, production, and safety benefits.
SafeAI is a Silicon Valley-based technology company founded by AI and autonomous vehicle technology engineers who worked at Caterpillar, Apple, NVIDIA, and Intel. Our leadership also brings expertise from other autonomous car companies and global mining company, Glencore. Our platform includes software and hardware that encompasses the top to bottom needs of autonomous system, including 1) Planning and Simulation, 2) Autonomous Operation, and 3) Monitoring and Reporting.
Currently we are working on autonomous skid-steer to perform load and carry task, autonomous mining truck ( 220 Tonne payload truck) for load haul dump cycle, and autonomous dozer to identify and estimate pile of dirt.
Recent news about SafeAI:
We are searching for a Deep Learning Software Engineer with a specialization in autonomy to join our fast-paced research team. As a CNN/CV Software Engineer, you will be uniquely positioned in our team to work on large-scale autonomous problems and push forward the frontiers of AI technologies. You will be involved in all stages of algorithm development from inception and initial implementation to evaluation and all the way to a deployable in real robotics products. You will work with the a team of great engineers with expertise spanning reinforcement learning, autonomous vehicles, deep learning, computer vision, and robotics.
- MS or Ph.D. in CS/EE with image processing backgrounds
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in shipping computer vision code
- Machine learning theory and practical knowledge
- Data engineering skills in large cluster training backgrounds
- Data pipeline setup and execute good at AWS/GC and the ability to collect the label and execute the pipeline
- Data focus on the training, debugging the training sessions
- Inferencing with real systems
- Strong ability to write high-quality code in C++
- Up to date on latest CNN/LSTM technologies
- Knowledge of PyTorch/CuDNN tools, Python, Tensorflow
- Experience in shipping CNN based products
- Managing the annotation vendor or external parties and QC on the annotations
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Fitness Center on Site
- Learning and Development Programs
- Community Snacks and Beverages
- Company-Sponsored Events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO and a great place to work.
Thank you for considering this opportunity at SafeAI. If this role sounds exciting, we would like to hear from you!