Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Foundational Engineering /
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at SafetyCulture, you’ll help to design, build and run resilient systems. You live and die by Murphy’s Law, knowing that anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible moment. You will help to foster a culture of designing for, and expecting failure in production systems - a culture where learning and knowledge-sharing is expected.
You love to solve sticky cross-service and cross-domain problems, and have a passion to identify root causes in complex scenarios. You understand how important it is for the teams to analyze past incidents. Most importantly you are a team-player, are excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced demanding environment and get that learning happens at the edge of the comfort zone.
How you can have an impact
As one of a core team of experienced SREs, you will shape and mature the culture, define the processes that the development teams will follow, and allow the business to scale to millions of users. You’ll coach and educate your engineering colleagues on systems reliability and fault-tolerance best practice, identify gaps in existing systems and come up with remediation plans. You’ll improve metrics such as MTTR and MTTF, and promote a culture of sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortem. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
What you’ll need
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language
- An ability to wrangle with infrastructure tooling, and get why infrastructure-as-code is mandatory
- A solid level of understanding of observability, alerting and alarming best practice
- Excellent human-handling-skills with an ability to build and maintain healthy cross-team relationships
- You balance your love of systems-engineering with a product-mindset and build empathy with your customers and your product-engineering colleagues
At SafetyCulture, we care about people and growing the team. Here’s a few ways we’re acting on our values
- Flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- You’ll have access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- We’re a pet friendly workplace
- Hackathons - if you’re into them :)
- Workshops and Lunch & Learns from our leadership and industry experts
- We also encourage you to get involved in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies; whatever floats your boat!
But wait, there’s more... You’ll also receive other perks such as:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Great food! Our In-house chefs will serve up fresh and healthful breakfast, lunch and unlimited snacks catering to all dietary requirements
- Love coffee or tea? Our commercial espresso machine has you covered. We also have beer and wine on tap, a pool table, board games, and books library
- Wellbeing is key! We offer initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Last but not least, we celebrate quarterly and our teams love the annual ShipIt global offsite
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.