Talent and Human Resources, Director
The Director of Talent and Human Resources is an exempt, full-time management-level position responsible for being the strategic driver for a broad array of initiatives around talent management.
Specific core responsibilities include full-circle talent acquisition including recruitment; employee relations, engagement, retention and organizational culture; staff development and performance management; compensation and benefits; and compliance.
- Talent Acquisition – Strategic driver of the development and implementation of a comprehensive multi-year sustainable strategy to source, develop, track, and maintain an effective pipeline and a network of diverse talent to support organizational growth.
- Engagement and Retention – Facilitate the dialogue, skills, and structures needed to strengthen the team and to navigate relationship or organizational issues that emerge from time to time. Responsible for designing and managing employee engagement and retention programs, with the goal of creating a positive work environment that stresses collaboration and great customer service. This may include surveys and roll-out of key initiatives to engage, excite, and retain employees.
- Organizational Strategy – Work with the Safety Partners management team to align the mission, goals, values, and cultural standards that drive the growth and development of our individuals, our teams, and our organization.
- Continuous Improvement of Talent Management – Create and execute processes around critical organizational functions such as talent acquisition, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, performance management, communication, and employee and team development. Recognize opportunities to make revisions to meet the needs of our dynamic and changing team.
- BS/BA degree required with a focus in Human Resources considered a plus
- Eight+ years of increasing Human Resources experience with some experience in leadership roles
- Demonstrated success in talent acquisition and the full circle process of recruitment through on-boarding
- Proven track record in successfully leading service organization operations and administrative functions
- Successful experience analyzing and maximizing operational efficiency and productivity
- Strong experience leading all aspects of a large-scale project or program from vision to execution, especially when cross-functional teams are involved
- Experience seeking out and negotiating vendor relationships in compensation, employee relations, and benefits
- Demonstrated time management expertise and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience with the implementation and evaluation of change management and/or process improvement projects
- Knowledge of greater Boston life science community via biotech, science, engineering and/or other similar professional services preferred
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and accomplish long term deadlines with heavy workloads
- Ability to work cooperatively with others,as a member of a team, providing leadership
- Make timely decisions, set priorities, and provide guidance, mentoring and motivational supervision and support to others
- Assess problems and identify causes with information and input to support resolutions.
- Support strategies and operations that improve and support the Safety Partner’s mission and goals
- Strong relationship management and organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Local travel in MA up to 50 miles from Bedford, MA