Technician Consulting Safety Officer (tCSO)
Cambridge, MA /
EHS Client Services /
Full or part-time
As a Technician Consulting Safety Officer (tCSO) you will have the opportunity to provide technical EHS support for our growing list of life science and high-tech clients. In this role you will work in conjunction with a Consulting Safety Officer (CSO) providing hands-on client support to implement, facilitate and maintain client-specific EHS programs.
We are looking for people who are service oriented with a personable, positive attitude. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to successfully negotiate and promote safety programs and services, with a strong initiative to find and understand available resources. As our company philosophy is to hire and train the best people, developing EHS professionals who deliver through deep technical expertise and peer-to-peer relationships, this is an excellent opportunity to watch your career grow.
- Monitoring of site compliance for Covid-19 Return to Work programs which may include:
- Vendor training of COVID-19 RTW Plan compliance
- Inventory and restock of critical support equipment for COVID-19 RTW Plan compliance
- Provide updates and communication on areas of non-compliance
- Hands-on client support to maintain and facilitate site specific EHS programs, working in conjunction with Consulting Safety Officer (CSO). EHS program implementation could include: Biosafety, chemical safety, radiation safety, hazard communication, basic life safety, general fire safety, and emergency preparedness.
- Coordination of all hazardous (biological, chemical, radioactive) waste segregation, collection, and disposal which could involve:
- Physically moving full hazardous chemical waste containers to main accumulation area
- Consolidation of biological waste for removal
- Providing assistance with the proper collection and decay of radioactive waste.
- Maintain client specific documentation, file hazardous and biological waste manifests, conduct hazardous material inventories, maintain SDS files, and/or other support functions.
- Conduct routine inspections, such as fire extinguisher checks, first aid kit checks, satellite accumulation area checks, safety shower and eyewash flushing, AED checks, and spill kit checks.
- Order EHS program materials, such as first aid supplies, spill kit supplies, signs, labels, etc.
- Special project work at client’s request working in conjunction with Consulting Safety Officer; perform chemical inventories and space or equipment decontaminations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences: Biology or Chemistry degrees strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of science or EHS related work experience.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste disposal practices and/or HAZWOPER regulations.
- Some knowledge of OSHA, DEP, EPA, RCRA, DOT, DPH, MWRA, NIH, or NFPA.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong professional communication and written skills.
- Able to positively interact internally among the client staff and externally with regulatory agencies.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to drive into Cambridge/Boston, MA, up to 5 days per week.
- Productivity and resiliency in a dynamic, fast paced consulting environment.
- High level of professional judgment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Public speaking skills.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Service oriented with personable positive attitude.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and promote safety programs and services.
- Strong initiative to find and understand available resources.
Please note that at this time we are only considering local candidates.