Software Product – Design /
SageSure is seeking a Senior Designer who can design and implement solutions for our SaaS platforms. The Senior Designer will be responsible for design processes throughout the organization.
At SageSure, designers are engaged in projects from inception to ensure their understanding of the project scope and any possible constraints. To paraphrase the photographer Stephen Shore, SageSure believes design is not “the decorative sauce poured on top of content.” This role is an opportunity to give expression to that belief. As Senior Designer, you will work directly with product and engineering teams throughout the software development life cycle. The Senior Designer will infuse strategic, modern design patterns and paradigms into SageSure's insurance platform in order to help protect our customers most important assets.
What you'll be doing:
- Support design functions throughout the company
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers—from brainstorming to implementation—and facilitate cooperation and roadmapping among relevant parties
- Create and execute designs, from a blank slate and within an existing system
- Explain the intent, decisions, and goals of proposed design solutions
- Design product solutions reflective of engineering requirements
- Incorporate constructive feedback through design iterations
- Facilitate input on improving product features by articulating UX/UI tradeoffs in product requirement specifications
- Contribute in devising strategies to bring clarity, coherence, and consistency in design language across a variety of customer-facing web applications
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience in a design role
- A track record of demonstrating proficiency as a senior designer (quality visual designs showcasing your eye for detail; clear and thoughtful writing illustrating your ability to explain the rationale and process behind your design)
- Experience with digital tools creating artifacts that illustrate complex workflows or processes in order to aid defining problems and finding solutions
- Fluency in Sketch and Invision
- Creating interactive prototypes in order to communicate the design and functionality of new features
- Experience abstracting narrow design decisions into broad, reusable design patterns across multiple software products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain design decisions for review by product stakeholders and implementation by engineering
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! As a Business Insurance 2020 Best Places to Work in Insurance recipient we’ve created an environment where employees can thrive, enjoy their work and contribute to our overall growth. We provide generous health benefits and perks, including tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid volunteer time off, a matching 401K plan and more. SageSure fosters inclusion, creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
We have eight office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure, visit www.sagesure.com/careers/.
SageSure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.