Software Product – Design /
SageSure is seeking a Senior Designer who can design and implement solutions for our SaaS platforms. The Senior Designer will be responsible for design processes throughout the organization.
At SageSure, designers are engaged in projects from inception to ensure their understanding of the project scope and any possible constraints. To paraphrase the photographer Stephen Shore, SageSure believes design is not “the decorative sauce poured on top of content.” This role is an opportunity to give expression to that belief. As Senior Designer, you will work directly with product and engineering teams throughout the software development life cycle. The Senior Designer will infuse strategic, modern design patterns and paradigms into SageSure's insurance platform in order to help protect our customers most important assets.
What you'll be doing:
- Support design functions throughout the company
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers—from brainstorming to implementation—and facilitate cooperation and roadmapping among relevant parties
- Create and execute designs, from a blank slate and within an existing system
- Explain the intent, decisions, and goals of proposed design solutions
- Design product solutions reflective of engineering requirements
- Incorporate constructive feedback through design iterations
- Facilitate input on improving product features by articulating UX/UI tradeoffs in product requirement specifications
- Contribute in devising strategies to bring clarity, coherence, and consistency in design language across a variety of customer-facing web applications
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience in a design role
- A track record of demonstrating proficiency as a senior designer (quality visual designs showcasing your eye for detail; clear and thoughtful writing illustrating your ability to explain the rationale and process behind your design)
- Experience with digital tools creating artifacts that illustrate complex workflows or processes in order to aid defining problems and finding solutions
- Fluency in Sketch and Invision
- Creating interactive prototypes in order to communicate the design and functionality of new features
- Experience abstracting narrow design decisions into broad, reusable design patterns across multiple software products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain design decisions for review by product stakeholders and implementation by engineering
SageSure is a managing general underwriter leader and insurance technology innovator. That means we sell a lot of insurance through our proprietary technology platform to people who need it. Our focus of delivering insurance in America’s most challenging markets builds on our core strength of understanding and adequately pricing risk. We offer 40+ products in 14 states, serving more than 300,000 policyholders while managing more than $600 million in written premium. Our products are distributed through user experiences we design and build, as well through our APIs into experiences controlled by our partners.
We provide generous health benefits and perks, including; tuition reimbursement, wellness allowance, paid voluntary time off, a matching 401K plan and more. Our technology team was built to be remote from the start, and we actively maintain a progressive technology culture. We’re energetic, forward-thinking problem solvers; come join our team! For more information on SageSure, visit www.sagesure.com.