Senior Front-End Software Engineer
Software Product – Engineering /
About the Team
We operate in small product-focused teams working closely on a wide variety of client-facing web
applications. We thrive on finding innovative ways to bring modern technologies into the world of
property and casualty insurance towards measurable outcomes. Always striving towards new ways to improve and work smarter and more effectively, we love to ship and ship often.
You have a positive outlook: You start each day looking at the bright side and share that enthusiasm
You trail blaze: You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the culture, best practices, and team talent.
You love work, growth, and learning: You live by the mantra “Do or Do Not, there is no try.” You are
constantly learning and finding new ways of solving problems with the use of technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyzing business and technical requirements with Product Management to determine best design, mitigate potential issues, and deliver superior solutions.
- Developing implementation strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of platform systems.
- Evangelizing and implementing best practices in software development.
- Developing and refining pattern libraries for use across internal applications.
- Mentoring and training members of the engineering team.
- Providing documentation to effectively communicate solutions to business stakeholders and infrastructure partners.
- Partnering with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs.
- Delivering software in an agile and dynamic team setting.
Qualified candidates have:
- Experience contributing to engineering direction with patterns and best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced application development skills using OOP and functional programming.
- Strong ability to maintain and upgrade existing software applications.
- Eagerness to research and recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Mastery of cross-browser design solutions.
- Experience with the following: React/Vue, Webpack, NPM/Yarn, React Bootstrap, Sass and other CSS-in-JS solutions.
- Strong knowledge of automation and delivery pipelines.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Strong analytical ability and attention.
- Capacity to think and work effectively under pressure and accurately complete tasks.
- Willingness to learn and with dedication to continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on large development projects.
- Preferred experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with NodeJS is welcomed.
- Experience with property and casualty insurance or financial products and services
SageSure is an innovation-focused insurance and technology company specializing in underserved property markets. As the leading homeowners insurtech organization in the U.S. measured by premium and profitability, we offer more than 40 competitively priced insurance products on behalf of our carrier partners, serving 300,000+ policyholders. SageSure partners with a growing network of insurance agents and brokers in 14 coastal states. Since our founding in 2005, we have been modernizing property insurance through our market-leading online quoting and binding platform and our sophisticated modeling and scoring technology.
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! We have the passion and drive of an insurtech startup with the experience and stability of an insurance company. We provide generous health benefits and perks, including a matching 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, gym allowance, paid volunteer time off, unlimited snacks and more. We have eight office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country. Come join our team of energetic, innovative problem solvers!