Senior Cloud Engineer
Risk – Applications
Senior Cloud Engineer
At SAI Global, the Senior Cloud Engineer will be primarily responsible for partnering with the Global Head of Engineering and the Cloud Operations team to facilitate the development of an Azure cloud environment. This environment will be crucial in supporting the growth and success of SAI Global’s information services and technologies portfolio.
SAI Global’s Cloud Operations team is responsible for providing day-to-day operational services including design, deployment, and escalated support, technical pre-sales support activities, and leading automation initiatives and technical consultancy services for our clients globally.
Our ideal candidate is a Senior level Cloud infrastructure expert who can combine enterprise level concepts with tactical execution and delivery of technical services. This candidate excels working without constant direction from management on large projects and has experience (and enjoys!) leading and mentoring team members to encourage professional growth. A clear and effective communicator, the Senior Cloud Engineer can translate complicated technical information in a way that is understandable to clients and ultimately supports the presales process.
You’ll work closely with corporate leaders to understand the organization’s technology roadmap and develop plans and initiatives to drive the success of key global business units.
- Installation and configuration of Cloud Platforms/Systems related to GRC Solutions including but not limited to Apache, SQL, VMware, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Docker, Powershell and Windows 2016
- Lead operational Cloud services efforts for hybrid environments, with special consideration to client needs
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to understand technical goals and timelines to provide informed counsel
- Own upgrades and service request issues to ensure resolution and proper communication to relevant parties
- Develop and maintain technical documentation to a high standard
- Act as mentor and leader to operations team, taking pride in the professional development of those around you
- Operate in an independent work environment, taking initiative and having confidence to tackle complex problems without regular management oversight
Qualifications and Previous Experience
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a Windows based environment with a focus on cloud solutions and tool development including deployment and monitoring
- Previous experience running Infrastructure as Code in a production environment. Working knowledge of related/ancillary tools like Terraform, Kubernetes and Ansible is required
- Solid understanding of Engineering, DevOps and CI/CR concepts
- Assisting in owning upgrades and service request issues to ensure they are resolved, and respective parties are updated
- Light experience with technical pre-sales or working in a customer facing role to assist with the explanation of new technology or services to clients
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Creative, big picture thinker and problem-solver
- Adept ability to create strong relationships (both internally and externally) and leverage them for a seamless delivery
- Self-motivated and reliable, with a strong independent work ethic and forward-thinking mindset
- Expected to work both independently, and as part of a global team where open, collaborative communication is encouraged
- Disciplined time and project management skills
SAI Global is a recognized leading provider of integrated risk management solutions, assurance, and property services. We help organizations protect their brands by proactively managing risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability, and trust.
We have a history rich in the development of innovative business solutions, and today this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in our core business areas of risk management software, standards aggregation, regulatory content, ethics and compliance learning, risk assessments, certification, testing and audits.
SAI Global acquired BWise from Nasdaq in 2019. The combination of BWise’s award-winning risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance platform with SAI Global’s industry leading SAI360 risk and compliance solution will create the most complete integrated approach to risk management in the marketplace.
For more information, visit our company site at www.saiglobal.com or our career site.