Java Developer (Node.js) – 6 months contract
Information Services – Applications
SAI Global is currently looking for a full stack Java Developer (Node.js) to work on a Greenfield project.
· Greenfield project
· 6 months contract role
· Great location - Enjoy the convenience of being just minutes from Town Hall Station & Central Station.
Translate software requirements into concise and robust programming code. The role is to be carried out in the context of a collaborative team environment including other developers, business representatives, application support officers and system testers.
· Analyse business requirements
· Translating requirements into robust code meeting documented business needs.
· Designing creative and innovative solutions
· Documenting software design
· Task estimation
· Producing robust software containing minimal bugs and requiring minimal rework
· Producing quality code that is concise, readable and maintainable by the team
· Exercising attention to detail to ensure high standard of delivered software
· Building re-usable components and selling features to the team
· Writing unit tests
· Performing code reviews and performing integration tests
· Documenting systems changes and user guides
· Professional IT or computer science qualifications.
· 5+ years’ experience with commercial software development in a team environment
· Strong background in Java & Enterprise Java development
· Strong background in using SQL Server, database schema and SQL query design skills
· Excellent knowledge of SOAP & REST web services
· Familiar with AWS Cloud concepts
· Excellent CSS/HTML 5 skills
· Continuous integration (CI-CD) with Bit Bucket/GIT
· Good working experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and JIRA/Confluence tools.
· Good understanding of OO design
· Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
· Familiar with design patterns
· Excellent communication skills
SAI Global is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an environment that celebrates diversity and embraces differences. We have a culture that supports family friendly practices, flexible work arrangements and all our offices are disability accessible.
To take advantage of this opportunity click 'Apply'
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.