Business Development Exec/Mgr, Learning - Tri-State, SE
Learning – Sales
Position: Business Development Executive, Learning (Hunter)
Department: Sales – Learning
Location: Tri-State Area or Southeast USA
Reports To: Vice President, Learning Sales
Comp: Competitive / Market – Base + Commission
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE, LEARNING
At SAI Global, a Business Development Executive (BDE) within the Learning group has the primary responsibility of driving sales of our online training and eLearning solutions, consisting of software, content, and affiliated services, by presenting SAI as a strategic partner to qualified organizations.
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for identifying target accounts in their assigned territory, along with executing effective sales campaigns that result in closed business for the company. Successful candidates will have a “Hunter” mentality with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage several simultaneous sales campaigns, and transition closed accounts to colleagues in professional services and support. Immediate documentation of deal-related activities is expected and accurate reporting of deal status is a critical, and measured, component of the job.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Meet annual sales goals for learning / training solutions and services, with a core focus on hunting new logos, both Enterprise and SMB accounts within the Tri-State/NYC and/or Southeast US regions.
· Qualify target accounts using “Solution Selling” methodologies and primarily hunt into prospected accounts to sign new logos (~75%), while also hunting into untapped areas within our existing book of business (~25%).
· Effectively sell our learning solutions, consisting of 1000+ courses in 50+ different languages and the world’s largest library for ethics and compliance, online consumption (customized and off the shelf solutions) in addition to affiliated services and consultation.
· Develop subject matter expertise in the area of compliance and risk learning in order to effectively market our content to clients in need of training on various, regulated standards: GDPR, Bribery and Corruption, general Code of Conduct, operational risk, etc.
· Execute a consultative sales process from opportunity identification, through negotiation of license agreement, in order to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
· Manage all aspects of a research based, strategic sales process to identify new opportunities based upon understanding client needs.
· Manage and coordinate the smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales activities.
· Efficiently move targeted accounts from qualification through evaluation, technical review, and proposal, following through with successful negotiation to closure.
· Deliver effective executive presentations to demonstrate compelling business use case and strategic partnership, based upon SAI Global differentiation and unique value.
· Maintain accurate account and opportunity information in Salesforce.com, including timely updates to opportunity pipeline and monthly forecasts.
· Support delivery of timely response to requests for information (RFI) and proposal (RFP) for well-qualified opportunities.
· Work collaboratively with other internal departments, particularly product management, services, and customer support, to enable effective client implementation and ongoing support and satisfaction.
· Utilize Microsoft Office 365 tools to communicate and strategize with other SAI Global sales and service team members on cross selling opportunities within assigned territory.
· Remain engaged with customers through implementation process and maintain a leadership role in ongoing client relationship management.
· Represent SAI Global as a thought leader in the eLearning, online training, ethics / compliance, and risk management software / solutions markets, while providing critical market perspective, trends insight, and feedback to SAI Global leadership.
· Represent SAI Global at industry groups and conferences, while gathering market and competitive intelligence to report back to leadership and stay abreast of new industry developments.
· Actively engage in industry networking events to establish credibility and develop referrals for new opportunities.
· Work effectively in a home office environment (45-50%), while meeting with new account prospects and current clients – traveling (45-50%), and occasionally meeting onsite in our New York office.
Skills, Experience, & Exposure:
· Proven track record as a senior services and/or software sales leader, with a track record that aligns closer to hunting new business versus farming existing accounts – ideally 6-15+ years of professional, sales experience.
· Experience selling solutions on a subscription content model, preferably to both enterprise accounts and SMB clients.
· Preference for candidates who have experience selling learning or online training content – even better if that training was related to Ethics, Compliance, Risk, and/or Governance.
· Strong business acumen and confidence/comfort meeting with senior executives and other positions of importance, including lawyers / attorneys, directors of compliance, COOs, etc.
· Adept ability to create strong customer relationships and leverage them for cross-sell opportunities, with expert sales process management skills.
· Knowledge, or general understanding, of business Ethics and/or Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) challenges and solutions within Corporate Markets – big bonus!
o In the perfect world, the BDE’s we hire will be able to grasp and smoothly articulate the challenges involved in complying with key risk and regulatory requirements for target industries and be able to articulate how our learning content will help mitigate risk and compliance issues for the customer – experience not required, but will be considered strongly for candidates with this exposure / understanding.
· Basic technical ability with Microsoft Office 365 products, Salesforce.com (or other popular CRM brands, IE. Siebel), and remote meeting tools (IE. GoToMeeting).
· Education – degree from an accredited four year college or university is strongly preferred, but not strictly required.
o Juris Doctorate – by no means is required; but we have found that many JD candidates with strong sales skills have been able to succeed in this market.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Self-motivated and reliable, with a strong independent work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset.
· Thoughtful problem solving skills and mature, polished business acumen rooted in years of client-facing experience.
· Expected to work independently, and as part of a virtual team where open, collaborative communication is encouraged.
· Disciplined time and territory management skills.
· Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law.
SAI Global is an equal opportunity employer.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.