Learning Content Manager
Learning – Product
Position: Content Manager
Department: Product Management
Location: Watertown, Mass.
Reports To: Director, Content Design
Compensation: Competitive / Market, Base + Performance Bonus
The learning content manager oversees the lifecycle of content including building an inventory of ideas, researching ideas, packaging content, tracking effectiveness, and updating/retiring content assets, etc. This role works in a rapid-cadence content development environment so planning and executing the content and campaign execution strategy will be critical to succeeding in this role. The position may also drive or support PR, media and influencer outreach for the content. The Content Manager implements key content initiatives, from research through release phases, and works with external content partners and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation.
This position sits in the nexus or midst of three skill sets:
- Knowledge of technology sufficient to understand how to create effective and innovative online learning environment
- Knowledge of learning methods and strategies sufficient to conduct needs analyses, define the criteria for the learning experiences and develop business cases
- Knowledge of information / content sufficient to write scripts, create storyboards, work with subject experts and build expertise in risk management and ethics and compliance subject.
- Coordinates with subject experts to develop core content around the topics and with producers to coordinate subject expertise for learning assets.
- Determines learning content strategy and roadmap based on emerging industry trends, client feedback, competitive research, and contractual obligations.
- Supports the development of content strategies focused on growing revenue while maintaining delivery budget expectations and contractual obligations.
- Manages overall content strategy (new and revised title determination, library direction, media assets, delivery channels multi-year progressions, course audience focus, schedules, market timing, and process).
- Plans and executes deliverables as part of a rapid cadence environment with respect to content development and campaign execution.
- Plans, produces and distributes content aligned to the roadmap.
- Collaborates with various internal and external subject matter experts and thought leaders from across the organization and industry, stays informed of and influences new content development initiatives.
- Manages implementation of key content initiatives, from research through release phases, and works with external content partners and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring that program content is accurate, delivered with efficiency and in a timely fashion, and portrayed in a manner consistent with the quality standards of the SAIG.
- Analyzes learning product results and assess the upcoming topics to bring to the library based on past results, content pathways, and client feedback.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Passionate about content production, media and technology
- Strong understanding of the compliance and ethics market.
- 3+ years of experience in product strategy/development, creating digital content such as white papers, ebooks, blog posts, web pages, infographics, presentations, case studies, videos, and webinars in a global context.
- Proven ability to conduct content reviews, stakeholder interviews, content audits and inventories, and content performance analysis.
- Manage a production budget for content across all platforms.
- Knowledgeable of copyright and web content accessibility standards.
- Top-notch copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Team player, detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive and able to work independently; must possess a strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills and confidence in managing strategic partnerships
- Comfortable working with content management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in, education, English, EdTech, or communications, Masters in relevant field, a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience preferred in digital media production, marketing, content management, or education.
- Strong track record of creating digital content and managing strategic partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required;
- The individual must be organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law is absolutely essential.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.