Global Technical Scheme Owner (Food)
Assurance – Delivery
Position: Global Technical Scheme Owner (Food)
Department: Assurance – Delivery
Reports To: Global Head of Accreditation
Compensation: Competitive / Market, Base + Performance Bonus
Global Technical Scheme Owner (Food)
SAI Global, a global provider of Risk Management Solutions, is recruiting for a Global Technical Scheme Owner (Food) to provide accreditation expertise across our Food Auditing services globally. The role, which will be based in our Toronto office, will see the Global Technical Scheme Owner operate as our subject matter expert to ensure accreditation is maintained across our food auditing services (including BRC, FSSC, and SQF). As such, the successful candidate will require previous experience in an Accreditation-focused role within Certification body (or similar). Additionally, a strong understanding of Food Safety (both 2nd and 3rd party) audits would be needed as the role will ensure auditor compliance with schemes globally.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Accreditation Bodies and Scheme Owners including UKAS, JAS-ANZ, ANAB, BRC, SQF, and FSSC;
- Define and maintain auditor competencies required for individual schemes;
- Define and maintain processes required to support the delivery of audits within their global schemes;
- Develop and provide technical content for training materials for all certification resources globally alongside building audit templates and criteria for audit delivery;
- Undertake appropriate food audits in field of expertise to ensure maintenance of technical auditing skills to maintain programme/scheme specific requirements;
- Monitor standards, accreditation and scheme requirements to ensure systems, processes and the business are in step with any changes;
- Provide technical guidance, including the development and maintenance of relevant documentation, to scheme and programme transitions to ensure requirements are met;
- Undertake specified quality reviews of audit packs to ensure both compliance and accuracy. Identify any specific trends and/or weaknesses and take appropriate measures to address them;
- Provide support to customer enquiries, where required, and escalated auditor queries;
- Represent SAI Global at industry events, attend round tables, and develop industry papers;
- Conduct, update and maintain programme specific risk assessments;
- Identify growth opportunities and work with the relevant business areas to support go to market plans and execution.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the food accreditation industry including BRC, FSSC, SQF;
- Minimum 5 years auditing or industry experience;
- Excellent knowledge, exposure, and practical implementation of ISO17065;
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing scheme/programme compliance;
- Strong understanding of risk management framework and principles;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate a proactive approach issues;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to management systems would be highly advantageous;
- Qualified auditor or qualifications in the area of technical expertise;
- Experience and capability in building and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), SAI Global is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with the applicants requesting accommodation.