Assurance – Delivery
Are you looking to join an exciting new company!
The EMS Director is responsible directing all aspects of Project Co’s environmental and sustainability programs for the Project, including the annual environmental and sustainability reporting activities;
· ensuring environmental and sustainability issues are addressed and requirements are met in accordance with the Project Agreement and all Environmental Reference Documents
· ensuring that all sustainability initiatives are coordinated with Contracting Authority and that the initiatives fit within Contracting Authority’s corporate sustainability priorities and strategies
· establishing and maintaining working relationships with relevant Governmental
Authorities and Stakeholders through the Contracting Authority Representative
· taking a lead role in internal environmental and sustainability design reviews includingdevelopment of mitigation and compensation proposals acceptable to the Contracting Authority Representative and Governmental Authorities
· liaising with the Contracting Authority Representative and with Governmental Authorities (through the Contracting Authority Representative) as required and acting as the single point of contact for Project Co on all matters relating to environmental management and sustainability;
· directing the preparation and submission to the Contracting Authority Representative of
all plans, reports, and required documents acting as lead authorizing signatory for Project Co before the release of any new or amended plan, report or document and any other which authority shall be executed
· acting as lead authorizing signatory for Project Co before the release of any new or amended plan, report or document pursuant to environmental components of the Design Development Submittal, the Construction Document Submittals and the Works Schedule
· The Environmental Director shall have the authority up to and including stopping work where theEnvironmental Management System is not being followed, or where there is a risk of environmental impact.
Must be a certified EMS Auditor or have experience in a similar quality
Management representative role
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
Bachelor’s Degree in a science or engineering discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant job experience, training and knowledge.
Minimum 15 yrs experience in a Quality Management capacity
SAI Global is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), SAI Global is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with the applicants requesting accommodation.