In-house Legal Advisor
Corporate – Management
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an in-house Legal Advisor to join our Milton Keynes team on a permanent basis. With a strong commercial focus, the Legal Advisor will be responsible for providing contract support throughout EMEA with a key focus on assisting on supporting with clients and prospects. Alongside the predominant contractual element of the position, the Legal Advisor will also assist the EMEA Corporate Counsel with other ad-hoc legal matters.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to be adept and comfortable at guiding, and negotiating with, Senior Managers across the organisation, and the ability to connect at all levels is vital. As the role supports the EMEA region, the successful applicant will need to be able to work in a dynamic, fluid, and fast-paced environment. A main overview of the duties has been outlined below, and a full copy of the Job Description is available upon request:
· Draft, review and amend confidentiality agreements, customer agreements and agreement schedules, addendums, SOWs and various other documents;
· Research, outline and summarize technical and non-technical information to key stakeholders to facilitate understanding across the business;
· Identify terms that vary from corporate standards to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommend appropriate modifications, engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders;
· Assist and support the Corporate Counsel with the establishment of initiatives for the contracts function, including contracting tools and processes, legal language library, reference materials, playbooks and other legal matters;
· Act as a liaison between internal and external customers to efficiently drive the contract review and approval process to conclusion;
· Assist in reviewing and responding to RFPs and RFQs;
· Support corporate secretarial matters for SAI Global UK based legal entities;
· Co-ordinate with external counsels on corporate secretarial matters for all other EMEA legal entities;
· Maintain legal drive and Directors charts, ensuring both paper and electronic fillings are up to date.
Experience and skillset required:
· UK qualified solicitor or other substantially equivalent qualification from another jurisdiction with solid commercial law experience of working for a global in-house legal department;
· Experience with software licensing, information and web based services, consultancy/ professional services agreements;
· Commercially focused;
· Computer literate with full MS Office experience (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
· Excellent written and oral communications skills;
· Able to build strong and effective working relationships;
· Resilient with the capability to work under pressure in a fast-paced corporate environment.
· Professional and sensitive to the confidential nature of the work handled by the legal department;
· German language skills would be advantageous.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.