Software QA Tester
Information Services – Applications
Position: Software Test Engineer II
Department: Americas Ops – Technology GRC
Location: Alpharetta, GA 30022
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER II (Manual SQA Tester)
As an STE II at SAI Global – you will work closely with developers and product owners to implement and manage manual software quality assurance testing for regular, new releases within integration and test environments. Software QA testing will be performed in an agile development environment with regular sprints arranged in quarterly releases and service pack cycles. Work is done as part of a highly collaborative team of developers and system engineers, working together to produce test cases and scripts for the system’s functional, operations, and benchmark tests. The primary function of this role is manual software testing. Experience and skills with automated software testing will be considered a bonus, but not required or expected to find success in this role.
· Contribute to the overall software quality of SAI360 – our Integrated Risk Management SaaS platform.
· Help design and develop test cases / scenarios that accurately gauge product quality.
· Execute system testing to verify system feature implementation and data validity.
· Write SQL queries to connect to the database and use different types of SQL statements to verify test data.
· Validate system builds, assist in system issue resolution, and ensure appropriate configuration of system test beds.
· Collaborate with peers in development and product teams to plan and prioritize test strategies, ensuring timely delivery of features, updates, and bug-fixes.
· Assist in the formulation and definition of system scope and objectives.
· Conduct debugging and root cause analysis of product failures – contribute to performance and latency analysis, identifying any plausible root causes.
· Track bugs and product fixes in Jira or Azure DevOps.
· Adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools in an effort to improve test coverage.
· Participate in code reviews and bug fixes within an agile-driven development environment.
Qualification & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field – preferred, not required.
· Proficient manual software testing skills with 2+ years of experience working in a software debugging, troubleshooting, and/or technical problem solving capacity.
· Ability to develop test plans, execute test cases, and write test scripts, while maintaining quality software testing standards and adhering to best practices.
· Comfortable communicating with SQL Server, or a similar database, using SQL queries.
· Experience working in a collaborative, agile SDLC team is strongly preferred.
· Experience working for a software or cloud solutions company is a plus.
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills, coupled with great documentation ability.
· Analytical problem solving ability – solutions-oriented; always striving for top tier quality and excellent testing aptitude.
· Passion for engineering excellence, achieved through automation and process improvements.
· Results-driven with a goal-oriented attitude.
· Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law is absolutely essential.
SAI Global is an equal opportunity employer.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.