Business Development Manager
Standards – Sales
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to help grow and develop our Standards and Legislation services in Germany. In conjunction with the Commercial Director, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing an ambitious and sustainable go-to-market strategy that has a transformative impact on sales in the region, with a focus on the Medical Devices and Precision Engineering industries. The role, which will suit a candidate with a proven track record of business development with a SaaS or subscription-based services background, will see the successful Business Development Manager follow up qualified leads, identify and target sales prospects within an assigned territory, and execute successful sales campaigns. The role, which will be home-based unless the successful candidate is based near our Frankfurt office, will suit an applicant based in or around Stuttgart (Baden Württemberg) or Munich (Bavaria).
Due to the nature of the role, the Business Development Manager must be able to work in a fast paced and client-facing environment whilst maintaining responsibility for several simultaneous sales campaigns. The ability to present and demonstrate SAI’s Standard and Legislation services is critical to success, and a track-record in dealing with complex national, multi-national, and global companies from a Business Development stance would be advantageous. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the transition of the closed accounts to colleagues in professional services and support. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
• To actively promote and sell SAI’s wide range of Standards and Legislation services within Irish market;
• To provide account management and new business development services within existing clients;
• To respond to new sales opportunities and prospect for new business;
• To participate in developing new marketing and sales strategies;
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company's service offerings as well as external market trends;
• To present SAI Global solutions and services to clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, video/web meetings, telephone calls and emails;
• To take ownership of business lead generation and appointment setting as well as working with internal staff to generate vertical business opportunities;
• To manage and maintain a pipeline; ensuring all sales information is current using Sales Force CRM software;
• To maintain responsibility for the creation of, and accountability for, all client proposals, contracts and further documentation.
Experience and Skillset required:
• Relevant professional sales experiences ideally within the Subscription, SaaS, Professional Services/Consulting or related services;
• Proven success in sales with full knowledge of the sales process;
• Fluent, or business-level proficient, in both written and spoken German and English;
• Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations;
• Strong relationship building skills coupled with a customer-centric approach;
• A degree level qualification or equivalent;
• A valid driving license – regular national travel is expected as part of the role;
• Good IT literacy and skills, including proficiency in SalesForce.com and MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong commercial acumen, with a flair for high-value sales;
• Confident and effective communicator, both written and oral, and presenter;
• Excellent consultative selling and contract negotiating skills with an ability to close a deal;
• Ability to deal with customers at senior management and board level;
• Strong networking skills;
• Self-motivation and drive coupled with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a broader team;
• Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information, possession of sound judgment and attention to detail.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.