Sr. Global Controller
Risk & Learning – Finance
Global Controller – Risk & Learning Division.
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to accurate and timely financial reporting. This position has seven direct reports with a total of 13 staff. It is responsible for ensuring compliance with accounting policies set at a corporate level and developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including accounts payable, billing, receivables, general ledger preparation, financial reporting and tax and treasury activities.
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
· Prepare consolidated view of the Risk and Learning division.
· Support integration of newly acquired (and to be acquired) companies.
· Ensure compliance with local requirements of countries, including tax authorities and requirements for statutory accounts.
· Collaborate with finance departments across Americas, EMEA and APAC regions to support overall department goals, and produce and summarize financial and profitability analysis
· Participate in monthly meetings with leaders across the Risk and Learning organisation to ensure transparency of results and remediation of any issues.
· Lead financial and tax audits across division
· Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
· Maintain balance sheet integrity and accuracy by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions
· Assist in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
· Manage working capital requirements of division.
· Implement new technology solutions
Qualifications and Experience:
· Accounting degree from an accredited four year college or university; CPA preferred
· 8+ years of relevant accounting experience in industry or public accounting with progressive managerial responsibility
· Accounting experience in a software company especially as it relates to revenue (license, SaaS, support & Maintenance professional services)
· Knowledge of IFRS, especially in the area of revenue recognition is a plus
· Excellent problem solving skills, possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously
· Experience with an Accounting ERP system, experience with Epicor is a plus
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships within and across departments
· Strong Excel skills and computer skills required
· Hands on, be part of a growing team that helps the company develop processes and procedures as we scale, willingness to get into the detail
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
· Strong analytical skills and leadership qualities
SAI Global is a recognized leading provider of integrated risk management solutions, assurance, and property services. We help organizations protect their brands by proactively managing risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability, and trust.
We have a history rich in the development of innovative business solutions, and today this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in our core business areas of risk management software, standards aggregation, regulatory content, ethics and compliance learning, risk assessments, certification, testing and audits.
SAI Global acquired BWise from Nasdaq in 2019. The combination of BWise’s award-winning risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance platform with SAI Global’s industry leading SAI360 risk and compliance solution will create the most complete integrated approach to risk management in the marketplace.
For more information, visit our company site at www.saiglobal.com or our career site.