Senior CloudOps Engineer
Corporate – Corp Technology
Position: Senior CloudOps Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Reports To: VP, Information Technology
SENIOR CLOUD-OPS ENGINEER
Our IT infrastructure environment is in need of a senior engineer who will play a pivotal role in the delivery of hybrid cloud services to both our internal business and external customers. This role will have a particular focus on hardening our cloud infrastructure and putting governance/framework around Microsoft Azure, while establishing a secure, automated, and containerized, cloud environment.
- Contribute to the implementation of proactive infrastructure security features, patches, and upgrades using an Infrastructure-As-Code approach to achieve secure, stable, and reliable services.
- Maintain infrastructure services to meet agreed SLA commitments with the business and customers.
- Automate build/deployment, security software configuration, continuous integration/delivery, and release engineering related tasks.
- Apply knowledge of compliance requirements such as SOC 2, ISO.
- Provide subject matter expertise to project and delivery teams.
- Actively participate in the development and establishment of global cloud capabilities encompassing DevOps and CloudOps practices.
- Work closely with Software Architects, Developers, Security Engineers, Product Owners, and other partners of the Infra team to architect secure infrastructure solutions that meet the needs of ever evolving cloud environment.
- Proactively improve and enhance SAI Global infrastructure services reliability and efficiency.
- Engineering and administration of SAI Global’s hybrid cloud platforms and hosting services.
- Development, enhancement, automation and orchestration of infrastructure services as code.
- Responsible for the security, availability and integrity of SAI Global’s hybrid cloud environment.
- Integration of cloud platform services to deliver repeatable solutions.
- Work with architecture capability to provide SME level expertise in the development of solutions using SAI Globals chosen cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Set up Azure Firewall, Azure LoadBalancing, Azure
- Provide engineering support to DevOps and applications operational capabilities.
- Liaise closely with the other Corporate IT teams to ensure timely incident and problem resolution.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a Windows based environment with a focus on cloud solutions and tool development (deployment, monitoring etc)
- Ability to be responsible for installation and configuration of Platforms/Systems related to the GRC Solutions [Apache, SQL, VMware, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Docker, Powershell, Windows 2016 etc]
- Solid background in 3rd line/ 4th Line + support relating to complex IT incidents (infrastructure related)
- Assisting in owning upgrades and service request issues to ensure they are resolved and respective parties are updated
- Some background in technical pre sales would be ideal and knowledge of working with customers where you are explaining new technology
- Occasional travelling may be required
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral and a successful career in presenting to customers and internal departments are a must for this role
- You will be highly self-motivated, and driven as you will a remote technical resource covering various regions
- You will be required, from time to time, work staggered shifts to cover other regions including APAC and EMEA
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.