Assurance – Delivery
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an Aquaculture Auditor to join our expanding Assurance team on a permanent basis. As an Aquaculture Auditor, you will be required to plan and conduct professional audits that meet customer requirements, and you will be responsible for assessing against various Aquaculture Standards (including ASC, Global GAP, and BAP).For this opportunity, the successful candidate will either need to be an experienced Aquaculture Auditor or, if wanting to move into an auditing role, have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional Aquaculture-related role with a technical focus.
Due to the client facing nature of the role, excellent customer service and communication skills are required as you will be responsible for representing SAI Global. Additionally, as the role will involve frequent global travel (on average 2 weeks per calendar month) we are flexible on base location for the successful candidate (for example, the successful candidate could be based in Ireland the UK or mainland Europe). An overview of the main duties are provided below:
· Carry out assessments of client aquaculture facilities against agreed standards and produce audit reports within the appropriate timeframe;
· Respond to client correction reports, and undertake client follow-up if necessary;
· Conduct technical reviews of applicable aquaculture standards (within approved competency areas);
· Support business initiatives including standards review, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required;
· Carry out any other duties that are suited to your skills and experience that the company requests you undertake.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
· A Level 8 Science degree in Marine Science, Marine Zoology, Marine Biology, Aquaculture or equivalent is essential;
· A minimum of 3 years in a professional Aquaculture-related role with a technical focus is essential;
· ISO Lead Auditor recognised by IRCA is desirable;
· HACCP qualification is desirable;
· Excellent report writing, analytical and presentation/communication skills;
· Highly self-motivated, and capable working with minimal direction displaying credibility and responsibility;
· IT literate with proficiency across Microsoft Office;
· Commitment to ongoing professional accreditation and development.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.