Assurance Leader - Americas
Assurance – Management
*** Please note - we are flexible in offering relocation. The most ideal cities for us to fill this position include: Toronto (ON, CAN), Chicago (IL, USA), or any major, northern US cities. ***
Position: General Manager, Assurance (Americas)
Location: Toronto, Ontario (1st Preference); Chicago, Illinois (2nd); any other major, Northern USA city
Reports To: Global Chief Operations Officer, Assurance
GENERAL MANAGER, ASSURANCE (Americas)
We are looking for a hit-the-ground-running leader who loves nothing more than collaboration and operations delivery. You will collaborate with your peers (sales, finance, marketing, etc.), global leaders, clients, and your direct reports to ensure continued delivery of world class services – the likes of which generate one-third of our total Assurance revenue. You will be the North America decision maker, own the Americas Assurance org P&L, and have joint ownership over marketing and sales direction/strategy. As a direct report to the Global COO, you will need experience running a complex organization within our industry; knowledge of the food sector is a bonus.
The General Manager, Assurance will be responsible for the direct sales and operational leadership of our Americas business including all sales, client services, account management and service delivery functions. This includes responsibility for preparing and implementing the agreed strategic and operating plans for the United States/Canada (USC) businesses, as well as the budget and profit & loss account.
The GM, Assurance is responsible for being the visible and respected leader of SAI Global Assurance in North America, which is one of our top three global markets, 30% of our total Assurance business and therefore critical to our success. Responsible for demonstrating appropriate leadership and management of all employees within the North American region and the development of a high performing culture. This will necessitate indirect oversight of the USC-based support teams (Technical Services, Strategic Marketing, HR, IT and Finance) whom report vertically.
This role will also be accountable for contributing to the strategic direction of the global Assurance business through the achievement of strategic objectives in North America.
· Prepare and submit to the Global COO a draft Budget and Business Plan for North America for each Financial Year in line with global company requirements. Budget and Business Plan are subject to the company process and Global Board approval.
· Ensure the effective development and implementation of new products and services to meet the changing needs of customers and remain ahead of the competition.
· Develop and drive strategic and tactical plans with marketing, sales, business development, client service to maximize new sales and retention of existing clients to achieve revenue and profit objectives.
· Direct innovation and thought leadership workings and engagements to deliver sustainable superior outcomes for our customers.
· Ensure the client services teams (Account Management, Client Services, Auditing and Technical Services) are efficient and effectively deployed to deliver a high quality client experience.
· Achieve objectives through effective resource allocation, identifying and evaluating operations for continuous improvement.
· Ensuring employees are appropriately qualified and trained, have the necessary expertise to satisfy clients’ requirements, and are being allocated to achieve KPIs.
· Develop, coach and manage key individuals within the North American business. Ensure appropriate development of employees to ensure their skills remain current and fit for purpose.
· Liaise with other leaders within the Assurance business to ensure sharing of information and processes to help drive efficiency, performance and consistency within the global Assurance business.
· Collaborate with Portfolio colleagues (Risk, Learning and Knowledge) to leverage key client contacts for the Assurance business and to participate, as appropriate, to joint business activities to maximize the overall global business performance.
· Senior Leadership position; at least 10-15+ years of professional experience working in a leadership capacity.
· Preference for candidates with Assurance, Quality Testing, Audit / Compliance, Regulatory, or Environment/Health/Safety industry exposure; 5+ years.
· Experience in sales, strategic, and operations leadership, preferably at a global, or national scale.
· Ideal candidate has been accustomed to overseeing multiple teams & functions that are crucial to the organization's success, IE. assurance business development, client services, account management, service delivery, customer acquisition strategy, inside sales, organization-wide budgeting and P&L, stakeholder management, commercial management, etc.
· Food safety / quality assurance industry experience is a huge bonus.
· Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business, Business Administration, or other relevant majors.
Since 1922 when the first Australian standards and technical documents were created to assist with the successful building of Sydney's iconic Harbor Bridge, our experts have helped companies transform the way they manage, approach and leverage risk.
Thirteen months ago SAI Global leadership unanimously supported a $1 billion takeover bid from private equity firm Baring Private Equity Asia. Today, SAI Global and Baring Private Equity remain committed to extending their global reach and developing their position as a market leader in the development and delivery of B2B governance, compliance and risk management solutions.
Today our Assurance portfolio supports more than 60,000 clients across 130 countries, delivering more than 125,000 audits annually. More than 10,000 people participate in our Assurance training courses each year.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), SAI Global is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with the applicants requesting accommodation.