Director, Business Development - IRM, Industry (Home-Based, Northeast Territory, USA)
New York City, NY
Risk – Sales
Position: Director, Business Development - IRM, Industry
Department: Commercial Sales – Risk & Compliance
Location: Home Office / Travel; preference for location in the Northeast, USA
Territory: Northeast, USA
Reports To: Vice President Sales, Other Industries
Comp: Competitive / Market – Base + Commission
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – IRM, Industry
At SAI Global, a Director, Business Development within the ‘Other Industries’ group has the primary responsibility of driving sales of our Integrated Risk Management solution – SAI360 – across several highly regulated industries such as Manufacturing, Retail, High Technology, etc. Our IRM platform includes offerings related to digital/IT GRC automation, functional compliance workflow applications, operational risk functions, employee risk/compliance, and business continuity.
The Director, Business Development will be responsible for identifying client prospects within their assigned territory. Their focus will be new customer acquisition and executing effective sales campaigns that result in closed business for the company. Successful candidates will have a “hunter” mentality with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage several simultaneous sales campaigns, and transition closed accounts to colleagues in professional services, account management, and support.
- Meet annual sales goals for our IRM solution and services, with a core focus on selling our Integrated Risk Management platform, SAI360, to Enterprise and SMB prospects.
- Qualify target accounts using “Consultative Selling” methodologies and primarily hunt into prospected accounts to sign new logos.
- Execute a consultative sales process from opportunity identification, through negotiation of license agreement, in order to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Manage all aspects of a research based, strategic sales process to identify new opportunities based upon understanding client pain points.
- Manage and coordinate the smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales activities, efficiently moving target accounts from qualification through to evaluation, technical review, and proposal, following through with successful negotiation to deal closure.
- Deliver effective executive presentations to demonstrate compelling business use case and strategic partnership based upon SAI Global differentiation and unique value within the IRM and GRC space.
- Maintain accurate account and opportunity information in Salesforce.com, including timely updates to opportunity pipeline and monthly forecasts.
- Support delivery of timely response to requests for information (RFI) and proposal (RFP) for well-qualified opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments, particularly product management, services, and customer support, to enable effective client implementations, in addition to ongoing support and satisfaction.
- Utilize Microsoft Office 365 tools to communicate and strategize with other SAI Global sales and service team members on cross selling opportunities within assigned territory.
- Represent SAI Global as a thought leader in the IRM and Ethics & Compliance software / solutions markets, attending industry groups and conferences, while providing critical market perspective, trends insight, and feedback to SAI leadership.
- Actively engage in industry networking events to establish credibility and develop referrals for new opportunities.
- Work effectively in a home office environment, while being comfortable traveling (~40-50%) to meet onsite with clients, in addition to attending occasional, ad-hoc meetings onsite in our US-based offices (< 5%).
Skills, Experience, & Exposure:
- 5-10+ years of proven success as a software/services sales professional with an aptitude for hunting new business in highly regulated industries.
- Proven experience selling multi-year, subscription-based SaaS products – mostly big ticket ($500K-1M+) deals, but also SMB ($50K-450K) sales, typically on a 6-12 and 3-4 month cycle, respectively.
- Ability to present and demonstrate the benefits of using SAI360 IRM software and affiliated services to potential clients, becoming well-versed in our core solution offerings.
- Ability to develop interest in SAI360 within assigned territory.
- Strong business acumen and confidence/comfort meeting with and selling to senior executives – C-Level, general counsel, attorneys, compliance directors, etc.
- Adept ability to create strong customer relationships and leverage them for cross-sell opportunities, with expert sales process management skills.
- General understanding of IRM solutions, business ethics or GRC challenges, and/or standards and regulations within corporate markets – strongly preferred!
- Basic technical ability with Microsoft Office 365 products, Salesforce.com or other popular CRM brands (IE. Siebel), LinkedIn / other social media platforms, and remote meeting tools (IE. GoToMeeting).
- Confident personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable with a strong independent work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Complex problem-solving ability, solutions-oriented.
- Mature, polished business acumen rooted in years of client-facing experience.
- Disciplined time and territory management skills.
- Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law.
- Degree from an accredited four year college or university – strongly preferred, but not strictly required.
SAI Global is a recognized leading provider of integrated risk management solutions, assurance, and property services. We help organizations protect their brands by proactively managing risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability, and trust.
We have a history rich in the development of innovative business solutions, and today this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in our core business areas of risk management software, standards aggregation, regulatory content, ethics and compliance learning, risk assessments, certification, testing and audits.
SAI Global acquired BWise from Nasdaq in 2019. The combination of BWise’s award-winning risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance platform with SAI Global’s industry leading SAI360 risk and compliance solution will create the most complete integrated approach to risk management in the marketplace.
For more information, visit our company site at www.saiglobal.com or our career site.