Learning – Product
Position: Learning Designer
Department: Content Management
Location: Watertown, MA
Reports To: Director, Content Design
Compensation: Competitive / Market, Base + Performance Bonus
The Learning Designer works closely with content managers, product managers and client services managers to design, develop, and implement new training products for SAI Global Ethics and Learning. Builds creative and engaging learning materials, programs, and experiences and provides expertise in the design and development of new learning and content solutions that comprise SAI Global Ethics and Learning products. Responsible for designs that deliver learner-centric experiences with opportunities to practice skills and improve workplace performance. Solutions may be delivered via facilitated instruction, elearning, performance support, or content curation. Finished products are measurable and data-driven based on defined performance outcomes.
- Facilitate processes to analyze content, target audience, and learner environment to identify appropriate instructional strategies in accordance with existing research in adult learning principles and practices.
- Enlist subject matter experts for content input to educational programs and products. Work with national content experts, external provider partners and collaborators, and SAI Global colleagues to write, design, and develop professional training materials and instructionally effective content and user experience to a variety of stakeholders. Ensure content is relevant to SAI Global-based solutions and use.
- Work with SAI Global business units, outside provider organizations, and outside vendors to facilitate the development and delivery of professional education material.
- Design and deliver learning experiences that produce desired outcomes in creative, engaging, relevant, and sustainable ways.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in instructional design, curriculum development, or related field required. Experience in business/industry environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessment techniques and the ability to align product decision with measurable performance outcomes.
- Demonstrated superior writing skills developing curricula, learning objectives and competency requirements, core content and job aids, evaluation/assessment tools, and training materials.
- Demonstrated skills using standard authoring and graphic design communication tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with LMS software as a course designer; Strong understanding of SCORM, XAPI, CMI.
- Experience leading multiple projects concurrently with strong track record of on time and on target project completion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the effective application of adult learning approaches and technologies to improve education and training for online learning.
- Internal and external networking and relationship-building skills for effective communication and the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, formulates options, discuss recommendations with the project team, and implement decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as to be a self-motivated, strong individual contributor.
- Knowledge of basic project management principles sufficient to manage to a timeline, coordinate a kick-off meeting, and track project deliverables.
- Degree in instructional design, educational psychology, or educational technology required. Master’s preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment with potential for rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- The individual must be organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law is absolutely essential.
At SAI Global, we help organizations proactively manage risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability and ultimately, create trust.
Our integrated risk management solutions are a combination of world-class tech platforms, learning tools, and advisory services that operate across the entire lifecycle allowing businesses to focus on opportunities presented by uncertainty. Together, these tools and content services enable customers to develop a holistic, integrated view of risk.
SAI Global head office is located in Chicago. We employ more than 2,000 people across 29 countries and 51 locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.