Assurance – Applications
SAI is looking for an experience Technical Expert, who will be responsible for performing audit package reviews and manage the audit package review process, including performing analysis of results and determine corrective and improvement actions.
· Perform technical audit package reviews.
· Manage the audit package review queues for certification and surveillance audits, including the assignment to and monitoring of packages with contract Reviewers.
· Issue and manage Review Findings.
· Make Certification Decisions and process certifications.
· Perform analysis of review finding results and determine corrective and improvement actions.
· Perform application reviews
· Perform technical support assistance to other Food Standards, such as with audit days calculations
Other duties may include:
· Preparing/delivering technical training to auditors.
· Providing technical assistance to other standards to ensure compliance with and understanding of the requirements of the program.
· Provide assistance to the Agri-Food Technical Managers, as required.
· Perform audits as required.
Experience Required and Other Requirements:
· Minimum of 2 years previous related experience in the Food Safety, Food Engineering, and/or Food Science
· Understanding of HACCP (training certificate preferred)
· Valid driver’s license.
· College diploma, university degree or equivalent in Food Science, or related field.
· Understanding of Food Safety Systems, and practices.
· Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Knowledge of SAI Global processes and requirements.
· Computer proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
· Team player.
· Ability to ask questions and present findings under difficult situations.
· Strong organizational, creativity and project management skills.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), SAI Global is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with the applicants requesting accommodation.