Instructor, Business Intelligence Data Analysis and Reporting Fast-Track Certificate Program
Academic – School for Advanced Digital Technology /
SAFA Temporary Salary /
SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology (SADT) is committed to preparing our students to thrive in the borderless, global economy. We offer an exciting range of media and technology programs built on a foundation of applied, technology-immersed experiences and enhanced with work-integrated learning opportunities.
How do we make this happen? Through a committed school of experts focused on the values of excellence in learning and learners, partnerships and collaboration, and being flexible and forward thinking. SADT is SAIT’s boldest transformation to date — designed with the future in mind and working closer with industry than ever. Join us as we strive to instigate a new world!
Reporting to the Academic Chair, this position requires knowledge and skills to instruct in the Business Intelligence Data Analysis and Reporting Fast-Track Certificate Program. The most important component is a keen desire to teach and help students learn – we are a team of instructors, and we can support candidates in learning specific technologies and applications.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Demonstrate competencies in leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving, emotional intelligence, and time management
- Update and refresh curriculum under the direction of the Academic Chair
- Other assigned duties
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to promote learning and personal development
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Manage the classroom or lab to the benefit of the learners
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education (minimum two-year diploma from a recognized institute)
- Minimum of 3 years related industry experience
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary institute in Canada is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of related industry experience
- Previous teaching, training, or mentoring experience is preferred
- Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to organize and present written information
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality instruction within set deadlines
- Data analysis, reporting, and visualization experience in SQL, Power BI, etc.
- Programming experience as it relates to data analysis
Classification: INSTRUCTOR - S4001
Salary range: $70,183.00 - $106,880.00
Position End Date: January 1, 2025
Posting closing date: December 13, 2023
View a summary of our benefits and perks for salaried employees.
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.