Senior Application Engineer Battery Systems
San Jose, CA /
Sakuu, an additive manufacturing technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is developing high performance multi-material 3d printing technology for active devices like solid state batteries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
On a daily base manage teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our battery system integrations with external partners and oversee all development plans from ideation to execution.
Contribute to company’s business development and strategic development. Build and improve the application development work organization, processes, knowledge management and operational programs and projects.
To succeed in this role, it’s essential to have significant management experience in the engineering/ development field of battery systems and strong strategic, technical and analytical thinking capabilities.
· Oversee and shape development projects across multiple areas of knowhow (battery system, battery management systems, electrical/ thermal/ mechanical integration)
· Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
· Ensure compliance with security regulations, esp, HV safety
· Manage battery system development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
· Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
· Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
· Hire engineers and coordinate their training
· Implement innovative technologies
· Manage 3rd parties and development partners, define work share, shape agreements with strategic fit and track to meet set goals.
· Experience in a managerial or executive role in the energy, battery or electronics or comparable sector industry
· Strong experience in engineering, project management, vendor management/ supply chain and budgeting
· Great understanding of business functions (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
· Demonstrable ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Team player
· Degree in technical field
Project Management and Sponsoring
· Perform and define project management to support project leaders across various projects of varying size
· Review project plans, coordinate project activities, set/adhere to milestones, manage concurrent projects
· Ensure professional state of the art project and program management
· Ensure compliance with international industrial engineering, documentation, quality management and battery system safety standards
· Routine communication with project members, peers, supervisors and outside vendors to ensure project success.
· Direct project team and its players as needed for the completion of project goals.
· Lead to develop intellectual property portfolio to maintain company’s competitive advantage. Work with internal experts, executives and patent law firms to drive proper patents and IP for developed products.
Qualifications and skills
· MS in engineering or science with a minimum of 4 years of engineering experiences, or related qualifying work experience
· Technical knowledge and expertise in batteries, battery systems, electrical/ mechanical/ thermal integration
· High Voltage safety experience/ training
· Technical knowledge and expertise in additive manufacturing technologies is preferred
· Proficient at project management tools (Office suite, MS Project etc.)
· Strong knowledge and experience of methods and tools of project management and product lifecycle management and tools
· Aptitude with design tools, electromechanical system design, computer-aided design, data analysis, and process design
· Experience with the full product life cycles from prototyping to production
· Experience with a range of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, injection molding, material transferring, powder bed 3D printer, tape casting, inkjet 3D printer, etc.)
· Project management experience
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, flexible, interdisciplinary environment
$125,000 - $175,000 a year