San Jose, CA /
Sakuu, an additive manufacturing technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is developing high-performance multi-material 3d-printing technology for active devices like solid-state batteries.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
On a daily basis, define and execute engineering tasks in software development for 3d-printing. Strive to meet goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects. Engineer software infrastructure for automated printed battery layout and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) integration.
Contribute to company’s business development and strategic development. Shape the development of work processes, knowledge management, and operational programs and projects.
· Evaluate, architect and develop software solutions for industrial scale 3d-printing technology in industrial scale high volume, multi-printer operation
· Architect, shape and oversee integration of industrial scale, multi-printer operation management with MES systems
· Collaborate with electrochemists and material scientists on multi-material product design and modeling
· Architect and build database for material properties and design rules
· Support process control of battery manufacturing platforms
· Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
· Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
· Familiarity with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relevant to 3d-printing, battery manufacturing, comparable sector industry or complex industrial manufacturing operations
· Min 3 years experience with software architecture, development, and implementation
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Team player
· Support develop intellectual property portfolio to maintain company’s competitive advantage. Work with internal experts, executives and patent law firms to drive proper patents and IP for developed products.
Qualifications and skills
· BS/MS in engineering or science with a minimum of 4 years of software engineering experiences, or related qualifying work experience
· Demonstrated experience with methods and tools of MES, PLM, and ERP
· Experience with the full software product life cycles from prototyping to production
· Aptitude with design tools, development environments and competitive enterprise software solutions for industry players in the marketplace
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, flexible, interdisciplinary environment
$100,000 - $180,000 a year