Sales Account Manager/ Director
San Jose, CA /
Sakuú is reinventing battery manufacturing and technology via total process and product disruption. In process, batteries can be rapid printed from the transformative Kavian™ platform in gigafactory settings, which enables mass-scale, cost-effective, and sustainable production to meet global cell demand. In product, our Swift Print™ solid-state batteries can deliver best-in-class performance and safety in a recyclable and customizable format. Proprietary cell technologies can provide superior energy densities for broad industry applications.
The big picture impact of our manufacturing and battery technology is profound.
We need highly talented and enthusiastic minds to join our mission to help transform electric mobility, energy storage, and sustainable manufacturing- for a healthier planet.
Sales Account Manager/ Director
• Full-time · Mid-Senior level
• Skills: Sales, Channel Sales, Business Development
What To Expect
The Americas Commercial and Industrial Energy Storage Sales Team focuses on the development of commercial and industrial behind-the-meter battery energy storage (BESS) applications for various end-use customers and channel partners.
This is a multi-faceted role where a strong technical knowledge of energy storage markets and products are required. Ability to leverage existing relationship for immediate sales opportunities is a plus. Strong business knowledge of the market for energy storage is expected. The Account Manager/ Director will lead projects from conception through contract execution with support from the technical and commercial support organizations. This role will involve a mix of internal and external task management responsibilities. Internally, diverse project teams comprised of engineering, finance, legal and other disciplines will need to be coordinated. Externally, customer relationships are built and managed, contracts are negotiated and closed.
Besides a strong work ethic and a team-oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly growing technology and market landscape.
What You’ll Do
• Manage a project pipeline of short, medium, and long-term opportunities spanning multiple markets, project types, and channel partners.
• Recruit, develop and manage multiple strategic channel partner relationships.
• Lead the sales cycle, including project development management, contract negotiation and closing a targeted product volume and/or revenue each year (quota bearing).
• Provide reporting to management
• Generate quotes and supply customers with high quality project proposals
What You’ll Bring
• 5-10 years' overall work experience, with 3-5 years minimum work experience in the renewable energy space and/or power sector
• Demonstrated experience in developing relationships and closing deals in renewable energy and related markets, working B2B and/or with commercial and industrial customers.
• Experience in sales or business development (customer-facing) and channel sales in particular
• Working knowledge of battery systems, renewable power, and grid markets
• Hands-on contract negotiation experience in energy storage or renewables
• Experience managing cross-functional projects in fast paced, dynamic settings
• Excellent communication skills- both internal and external facing. Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
• Ability to execute and manage many tasks in parallel
• Deep passion for accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy
• Ability to travel as needed, domestically (50%)
· Ability to communicate in real-time with co-workers and customers
Flexible in continental US.
$150,000 - $250,000 a year
The estimated salary range for a new hire in this position is $150,000 to $250,000. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include candidate's knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus, Sakuú offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
We aspire to have a culture where people are first. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Sakuú is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.