At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly and Siemens. We’re a Series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker and GREE Ventures.
Our culture is our pride and joy at Saleswhale. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they’ve ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work”. We believe in Radical Candor, we look for curiosity and intellectual rigour, we appreciate grit and growth mindsets, and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
We believe in being frugal but generous, with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron), good equipment, and free weekly catered lunches regardless of your role in the company.
We’re looking for a motivated and creative decision-maker to help us set, drive, and execute our product roadmap. We have a product that users love; you will work closely with the founders to continue to translate the vision into the next level of product strategy.
We expect you to grow into a product expert who has an in-depth understanding of our business, product & customers. You will be leading your own feature team through the full product development cycle from idea to release. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to deliver value to users through product launches.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to be a part of something bigger than themselves and is ready to challenge themselves both professionally and personally to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Within 1 month you'll…
- Complete your onboarding where you will learn about Saleswhale’s values, business, and product
- Shadow at least one customer interaction per week. Across Sales, Customer Success and Product, you will understand how our users use the product
- Have directed one-on-ones with members of other teams to understand how each department at Saleswhale contributes to the overall success
- Participate in a fully-formed feature team as they take a feature to market
Within 3 months you'll…
- Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with our Leadership, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to design, build, and launch the right MVP
- Design and execute a user/non-user research and share your learnings and insights with the company
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and key outcomes for leadership and the company
Within 6 months you'll…
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions
- Make critical product decisions that optimize for Saleswhale’s best interest against the concerns of multiple stakeholders. You will bring along the entire team with you in your decision
- Perform an analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is adopted, by what types of users, and if there are any drop-offs in the work flows. You will use this to inform product design and roadmap decisions
- Design the release strategy for a new feature in collaboration with Marketing and Customer Success
- Report on the outcome of one of your product releases. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next release
What kind of person are you?
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a product role and work experience with a B2B SaaS organization a plus.
- You are creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- You are resilient and can take candid feedback well.
- You can seamlessly flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You are ok with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesise multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
- You are detail oriented, organised and disciplined with documentation.
- You are able to communicate complex concepts in a simple & succinct manner.
Measures of Success
- Value / impact of features shipped
- Regular cadence & predictable delivery of features
- Adoption of features shipped
- Customer discovery efforts
- Communication to stakeholders
- Team player
Is this role not quite the right fit?