At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 40-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor, and we appreciate grit and growth mindsets.
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
We’re looking for the very important first person on our Analytics team. Reporting into our VP of Operations, you will be responsible for owning everything related to quantitative analysis, making sure we use data to measure, understand, monitor, and strengthen our business.
We have grand plans for our Analytics team. We believe that analytics should eventually be a part of every function from product to sales, finance, people ops and more. If you so wish, there’s plenty of opportunity to grow from this role, for example building out the core analytics team/function or more specialized teams like Sales Operations.
- First and foremost, drive impact through data. The management team will look to you to understand how our business is doing and to inform our strategy and key business decisions.
- You will own all analytics projects end-to-end. From defining the right metrics that drive desired outcomes, to designing and implementing our analytics stack and tracking system, periodic reporting, self-service dashboards, deep-dive analysis, ad-hoc analysis requests, and authoring core data sets that empower operational and exploratory analyses.
- Data is meaningless unless acted upon. You will ensure key insights are well-communicated to the relevant people, on time, and accurately understood.
- If you so wish, you will have to opportunity to build out the company’s analytics team and practice. While the initial focus is on business metrics, you will eventually help coach and train other teams (e.g. product) to increase data competency across the company. You will help recruit other analysts at least as strong as you.
- Can zoom out to understand the big picture business goals.
- Have a track record of using analysis to impact key business or product decisions.
- Clearly and effectively explain or visualize complex data sets and analyses.
- Are highly organized and pay attention to the smallest detail.
- Are scrappy, independent, and have run projects end-to-end with minimal supervision.
- Have 3-5 years of experience with analytics, management consulting, or other quantitative role.
- Nice to have: B2B SaaS experience
- Nice to have: Familiarity with analytics or BI tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, Amplitude, Looker, Mixpanel, ChartMogul etc.
- Nice to have: Fluency in SQL, familiarity with a scripting language (Python, R, etc.), or basic understanding of ETL tools
Is this role not quite the right fit?