Software Quality Assurance (QA)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work.” We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor; we appreciate grit and growth mindsets; and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
The Software Quality Assurance (QA) responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process of our bots and web applications. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. engineers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Having programming experience and familiar with framework such as Cypress is a big plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Engineering at Saleswhale:
At Saleswhale, open communication and transparency is embedded in our DNA. There are no silos. Teams work cross-functionally and we feel it's a key multiplier for effectiveness.
We also enable engineers to drive wider team impact by working on enhancements that impact the entire product & engineering process as well as provide support to the Customer Success team to investigate & fix user-facing issues.
We believe that a diverse, equitable and transparent workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Saleswhale is a place where everyone gets an equal opportunity to excel, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.