Sales Development Representative (SDR)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive email follow ups. Since 2016, Saleswhale bots have helped over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams eliminate boring work and uncover more sales opportunities. We’re a series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker and GREE Ventures.
Our culture is our pride and joy at Saleswhale. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they’ve ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work; or to do shit work.” We believe in Radical Candor, we look for curiosity and intellectual rigour, we appreciate grit and growth mindsets, and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
We believe in being frugal but generous, with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office in downtown Singapore (Suntec) where we enjoy hosting events for the community, we invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment regardless of your role in the company.
Sales Development Representatives are the face of Saleswhale, responsible for educating the market and generating interest with our ideal customers. The SDR team is empowered with the latest technology, sales tools and tactics to help them prospect effectively.
In this role, you will not only learn the nuances of software sales, but will also be an integral part of growing Saleswhale from a revenue perspective.
The SDR role has upward mobility built in - paving the path for a lucrative sales career, or any career within Saleswhale. This role provides a solid foundation for learning how a technology startup works and opens doors to different career paths.
What You Will Do
- Prospect for new leads
- Understand and effectively communicate our offering to a variety of prospects
- Schedule quality meetings with decision makers
- Qualify, prioritise and close inbound leads
- Leverage Salesforce CRM and other sales tools to prospect into specific markets and verticals
- Build relationships with, and engage with high-level executives at mid-sized and enterprise accounts
- Work closely with Saleswhale management to help build successful lead generating processes
What We Are Looking For
- History of achievement and competitiveness in personal and work goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write succinct, thoughtful and personalised emails, with a polished phone demeanour
- Desire to grow and excel in a sales position
- Singaporean/PR applicants are preferred for this role
- Experience selling a Software as a Service (SaaS) product
- Proven record of success in previous sales development, recruiting or business development roles
- Proficiency with Salesforce (SFDC)
Working in Singapore
Singapore is one of the best places in the world to work with its vibrant tech sector and good quality of life whilst still being affordable. It boasts a diverse population, some of the most delicious foods in the world, quality schools, public transit, low crime rates, low tax rates, and a highly-educated workforce.
Saleswhale has a diverse team with members from the US, UK, Germany, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and more. We welcome people of all backgrounds and we’re happy to help with visas and relocations.