Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Saleswhale (YC S16) is an automated sales assistant that helps companies to engage, qualify and book meetings for their sales teams, at scale.
We are one of the few lucky Singaporean companies to have gone through the prestigious Y Combinator program (S16), and we have raised millions of venture funding from top Silicon Valley and Singapore investors.
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies & NYSE-listed companies, such as Randstad Group, Zendesk, General Assembly, Shangri-La Hotel and many more.
If you want to work in a dynamic team at an aspiring, technically challenging startup with high responsibility and a real impact on the direction of our product, we're the right team for you!
Sales Development Representatives are the face of Saleswhale, responsible for educating the market and generating interest with our ideal customers. The SDR team is empowered with the latest technology, sales tools and tactics to help them prospect effectively.
In this role, you will not only learn the nuances of software sales, but will also be an integral part of growing Saleswhale from a revenue perspective.
The SDR role has upward mobility built in - paving the path for a lucrative sales career, or any career within Saleswhale. This role provides a solid foundation for learning how a technology startup works and opens doors to different career paths.
What You Will Do
- Prospect for new leads
- Understand and effectively communicate our offering to a variety of prospects
- Schedule quality meetings with decision makers
- Qualify, prioritise and close inbound leads
- Leverage Salesforce CRM and other sales tools to prospect into specific markets and verticals
- Build relationships with, and engage with high-level executives at mid-sized and enterprise accounts
- Work closely with Saleswhale management to help build successful lead generating processes
What We Are Looking For
- History of achievement and competitiveness in personal and work goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write succinct, thoughtful and personalised emails, with a polished phone demeanour
- Desire to grow and excel in a sales position
- Singaporean/PR applicants are preferred for this role
- Experience selling a Software as a Service (SaaS) product
- Proven record of success in previous sales development, recruiting or business development roles
- Proficiency with Salesforce (SFDC)
What’s it like working at Saleswhale?
Our vision is to deploy an AI assistant for every company - to augment humans and abstract away mundane and tedious work.
We are one of the few lucky Singaporean companies to have completed the Y Combinator program (S16), and raised US$1.2 million in seed funding from Silicon Valley and Singapore investors to bring this vision to reality.
We are a young team (median age is 28 years old) - ambitious, weirdly passionate, and perhaps a little delusional in believing humans should leave highly repetitive and tedious work to computers, so we can focus on creative and meaningful work.
At Saleswhale, you will be joining a young, but experienced team that will help you build a career in the software and technology industry.
You will get the chance to witness firsthand how a global enterprise software company is built from Singapore, and work cross-functionally with software engineers, sales and marketing, customer success and support functions.