Customer Success Operations Lead
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 40-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor, and we appreciate grit and growth mindsets.
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
As the Customer Success Operations Lead, you will play a key role in scaling the productivity of Saleswhale’s customer-facing team members and driving more insights to the business about Saleswhale customers. In doing so, you will constantly identify workflow and product gaps. At times you may have to offload certain workflows from the Customer Success team, you will ultimately help to design, build, and execute on long term and scalable solutions. Your focus will be on driving effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team, but never at the expense of a high quality customer experience. The end goal is always to increase Customer Success team productivity and impact - internally and externally.
The Customer Success Operations Lead reports to the Head of Customer Success, and will support customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
Processes and Enablement
- Proactively identify and set up processes to streamline and ultimately scale Customer Success Manager workflows
- Design, execute, and support cross functional initiatives and communications
- Advocate for the right technology for the team to deliver a high quality customer experience
- Foster effective change management while executing and scaling new processes
- Identify and track customer activity and health to support customer segmentation
- Fine tune engagement models, optimizing on a high quality customer experience and balancing with customer success team scalability
- Map out and continuously iterate on the customer lifecycle journey, to ensure a high quality customer experience
Reporting and Metrics
- Maintain up-to-date managerial reports showing team KPIs, customer health scores, CSM activity, and more
- Design and deliver new reports and metrics to encourage productivity and promote data driven decision making
- Identify and document customer success drivers, supporting customer segmentation efforts and customer success playbook development
Who You Are
- Accountable. Takes high degree of ownership over your work and Customer Success growth goals.
- Communication. Strong listener open to input and clear communicator within and across the team.
- Analytical. You have an uncanny ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about getting your hands dirty to solve complex problems, especially those that will scale and enable efficiency
- Tech savvy. Curious about technology and willing to learn and continue to develop your knowledge of Saleswhale. Experience with SaaS software, including Zendesk and salesforce.com a plus.
Measures Of Success
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- CS productivity and effectiveness metrics
- Team spirit
Is this role not quite the right fit?