Customer Success Manager (United States)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly and Siemens. We’re a Series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker and GREE Ventures.
Our culture is our pride and joy at Saleswhale. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they’ve ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work”. We believe in Radical Candor, we look for curiosity and intellectual rigour, we appreciate grit and growth mindsets, and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
We believe in being frugal but generous, with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron), good equipment, and free weekly catered lunches regardless of your role in the company.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a key role in driving customer adoption of AI and steering the Saleswhale product roadmap. You will coach customers on best practices in achieving their sales and marketing growth goals with their Saleswhale-powered AI assistants. This includes giving bots an identity and human personality, designing logical conversation frameworks for the bot, and aligning customer sales and marketing workflows to support adoption. Through collaborating closely with our customers, you will identify product gaps and act as the voice of the customer in driving key product development decisions.
The Customer Success Manager reports to the Head of Customer Success, and is responsible for ensuring on-time subscription renewals and uncovering growth opportunities for a book of accounts.
- Proactively manage relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and identify upsell opportunities
- Perform customer onboarding activities including AI implementation and product demonstrations
- Define success metrics with customer sales and marketing teams, working together to design bot identity to best fit industry and campaign specific needs
- Collaborate effectively with Account Managers, Product, and Engineering teams to drive customer adoption and expansion
- Respond to technical inquiries, troubleshooting with the customer and proactively identify usage gaps and patterns
- Develop and update external training material in line with latest product features and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Educate customers on product roadmap, document customer needs, and channel feedback to the engineering team
- Gather product feedback from customers, aligning requests with market trends and supporting internal prioritization of features and enhancements
Who You Are
- Experienced. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer/stakeholder-facing role Bachelor’s degree preferred and work experience with a SaaS organization a plus.
- Accountable. You are organized and disciplined in managing projects and keeping deadlines, externally and internally; you respond to customers with integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Business oriented. You understand how to simplify the benefits of technical product features and updates to make them easy for customers. You can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.Sales oriented. You have a thorough understanding of complex organizational structures and can communicate effectively across the experience management spectrum; you can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about solving problems, especially those that will bring success to the account and the individual customer.
- Tech savvy. Curious about technology and willing to learn and continue to develop your knowledge of Saleswhale. Experience with Zendesk and salesforce.com a plus.
Measures of Success
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- Customer expansion
- Monthly recurring revenue [MRR]
- Team spirit
Is this role not quite the right fit?