Key Account Manager (United States)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 40-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor, and we appreciate grit and growth mindsets.
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
As a Key Account Manager, you will play a key role in driving reactivation and expansion of AI within our existing client base. You are a thick-skinned problem solvers who can maintain a positive attitude in the face of rejection. You will lead the acquisition of additional revenue streams from existing clientele, while acting as the primary point of contact between an organization and its customers. You will work closely with Customer Success Managers, who will identify global upsell opportunities, and you will secure the upsell.
The Key Account Manager reports to the VP of Customer Success, and is responsible for ensuring on-time subscription renewals and unlocking growth opportunities for our North America clients.
- Manage and grow a set of strategic accounts within the North American region
- Proactively nurture relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and unlock upsell opportunities
- Understand all competitive activities within accounts, in order to uncover new industry challengers and prevent churn
- Coordinate resources for new or ad-hoc project requests
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Manage key customer relationships, especially with decision markers and champions, to drive expansions, reactivations, referrals
- Own pipeline for your assigned territory
- Stay up to date on latest product updates, roadmap developments, and market trends
- Document all customer interactions and maintain up-to-date customer health scores
- Follow Saleswhale sales process, tracking all critical activities and ensuring a deep understanding of the status of a deal at every stage of the process
- Forecast revenue activity and while creating satisfied and reference-able customers.
Who You Are
- Experienced. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer/stakeholder-facing role Bachelor’s degree preferred and work experience with a SaaS organization a plus.
- Accountable. Perform all duties required by your job and to further growth goals of the organization; respond to customers with integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Stakeholder manager. Beyond knowing what to say and how to say it, you communicate effectively across the experience management spectrum.
- Sales oriented. You have a thorough understanding of complex organizational structures and procurement processes. You can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about solving problems, especially those that will bring success to the account and the individual customer.
Measure of Success
- Customer expansion
- Monthly recurring revenue [MRR]
- Team spirit
Is this role not quite the right fit?