APAC Key Account Manager (Singapore)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 40-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor, and we appreciate grit and growth mindsets.
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
As a Key Account Manager, you will play a key role in driving reactivation and expansion of AI within our existing client base.
You will be assigned a designated portfolio of clients and be responsible for building a positive long-term relationship with these clients through proactive consultation, education, and support, with the aim of maximising sales revenue and leading the acquisition of additional revenue streams.
You will work closely with Customer Success Managers, who will identify global up-sell opportunities, and you will secure the up-sell.
Many of our clients are global MNCs, and your work will take you (physically and virtually) across Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, U.S., U.K., and EMEA.
Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales approach, coaching and client servicing skills, strong business acumen, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment, and a passion for helping clients achieve results.
The Key Account Manager reports to the VP of Customer Success, and is responsible for ensuring on-time subscription renewals and unlocking growth opportunities for our APAC clients.
- Manage and grow a set of strategic accounts within the APAC region
- Proactively nurture relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction, unlock up-sell opportunities and increase share of wallet
- Coordinate resources for new or ad-hoc project requests, structure proposals, work with internal support functions, negotiate and manage client agreements
- Proactively identify issues that may impact a renewal, and engage all available resources to resolve any knots
- Build and grow relationships within the client's organization at all levels including Senior Executives, decision makers, and users of the product
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Manage key customer relationships, especially with decision markers and champions, to drive expansions, reactivations, and referrals to other Lines of Business (LOB) or regional offices
- Own pipeline for your assigned territory
- Stay up to date on latest product updates, roadmap developments, and market trends
- Document all customer interactions and maintain up-to-date customer health scores
- Apply Saleswhale's sales process, tracking all critical activities and ensuring a deep understanding of the status of a deal at every stage of the process
- Forecast revenue activity and while creating satisfied and reference-able customers.
Who You Are
- Experienced. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer/stakeholder-facing role Bachelor’s degree preferred and work experience with a SaaS organization a plus.
- Accountable. Perform all duties required by your job and to further growth goals of the organization; respond to customers with integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Stakeholder manager. Beyond knowing what to say and how to say it, you communicate effectively across the experience management spectrum.
- Sales oriented. You have a thorough understanding of complex organizational structures and procurement processes. You can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about solving problems, especially those that will bring success to the account and the individual customer.
Is this role not quite the right fit?