Customer Success Manager
Saleswhale (YC S16) is an automated sales assistant that helps companies to engage, qualify and book meetings for their sales teams, at scale.
We are one of the few lucky Singaporean companies to have gone through the prestigious Y Combinator program (S16), and we have raised millions of venture funding from top Silicon Valley and Singapore investors.
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies & NYSE-listed companies, such as Randstad Group, Zendesk, General Assembly, Shangri-La Hotel and many more.
If you want to work in a dynamic team at an aspiring, technically challenging startup with high responsibility and a real impact on the direction of our product, we're the right team for you!
As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a key role in driving customer adoption of AI and steering the Saleswhale product roadmap. You will coach customers on best practices in achieving their sales and marketing growth goals with their Saleswhale-powered AI assistants. This includes giving bots an identity and human personality, designing logical conversation frameworks for the bot, and aligning customer sales and marketing workflows to support adoption. Through collaborating closely with our customers, you will identify product gaps and act as the voice of the customer in driving key product development decisions.
The Customer Success Manager reports to the Head of Customer Success, and is responsible for ensuring on-time subscription renewals and uncovering growth opportunities for a book of accounts.
- Proactively manage relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and identify upsell opportunities
- Perform customer onboarding activities including AI implementation and product demonstrations
- Define success metrics with customer sales and marketing teams, working together to design bot identity to best fit industry and campaign specific needs
- Collaborate effectively with Business Development, Sales, and Engineering teams to drive customer adoption and expansion
- Respond to technical inquiries, troubleshooting with the customer and proactively identify usage gaps and patterns
- Develop and update external training material in line with latest product features and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Educate customers on product roadmap, document customer needs, and channel feedback to the engineering team
- Document all customer interactions and maintain up-to-date customer health scores
- Identify and document customer success drivers, supporting the internal customer success playbook development
Who You Are
- Experienced. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer/stakeholder-facing role Bachelor’s degree preferred and work experience with a SaaS organization a plus.
- Accountable. Perform all duties required by your job and to further growth goals of the organization; respond to customers with integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Stakeholder manager. Beyond knowing what to say and how to say it, you communicate effectively across the experience management spectrum.
- Excellent marketer. You understand how to simplify the benefits of technical product features and updates to make them easy for customers.
- Sales oriented. You have a thorough understanding of complex organizational structures and procurement processes. You can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about solving problems, especially those that will bring success to the account and the individual customer.
- Time management. You are organized and disciplined in managing projects and keeping deadlines, externally and internally.
- Tech savvy. Curious about technology and willing to learn and continue to develop your knowledge of Saleswhale. Experience with Zendesk and salesforce.com a plus.
Measures of Success
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- Customer expansion
- Monthly recurring revenue [MRR]
- Team spirit
What’s it like working at Saleswhale?
Our vision is to deploy an AI assistant for every company - to augment humans and abstract away mundane and tedious work.
We are one of the few lucky Singaporean companies to have completed the Y Combinator program (S16), and raised US$1.2 million in seed funding from Silicon Valley and Singapore investors to bring this vision to reality.
We are a young team (median age is 28 years old) - ambitious, weirdly passionate, and perhaps a little delusional in believing humans should leave highly repetitive and tedious work to computers, so we can focus on creative and meaningful work.
At Saleswhale, you will be joining a young, but experienced team that will help you build a career in the software and technology industry.
You will get the chance to witness firsthand how a global enterprise software company is built from Singapore, and work cross-functionally with software engineers, sales and marketing, customer success and support functions.