Customer Success Manager (Singapore)
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive email follow ups. Since 2016, Saleswhale bots have helped over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams eliminate boring work and uncover more sales opportunities. We’re a series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker and GREE Ventures.
Our culture is our pride and joy at Saleswhale. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they’ve ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work; or to do shit work.” We believe in Radical Candor, we look for curiosity and intellectual rigour, we appreciate grit and growth mindsets, and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
We believe in being frugal but generous, with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office in downtown Singapore (Suntec) where we enjoy hosting events for the community, we invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment regardless of your role in the company.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a key role in driving customer adoption of AI and steering the Saleswhale product roadmap. You will coach customers on best practices in achieving their sales and marketing growth goals with their Saleswhale-powered AI assistants. This includes giving bots an identity and human personality, designing logical conversation frameworks for the bot, and aligning customer sales and marketing workflows to support adoption. Through collaborating closely with our customers, you will identify product gaps and act as the voice of the customer in driving key product development decisions.
The Customer Success Manager reports to the Head of Customer Success, and is responsible for ensuring on-time subscription renewals and uncovering growth opportunities for a book of accounts.
- Proactively manage relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and identify upsell opportunities
- Perform customer onboarding activities including AI implementation and product demonstrations
- Define success metrics with customer sales and marketing teams, working together to design bot identity to best fit industry and campaign specific needs
- Collaborate effectively with Business Development, Sales, and Engineering teams to drive customer adoption and expansion
- Respond to technical inquiries, troubleshooting with the customer and proactively identify usage gaps and patterns
- Develop and update external training material in line with latest product features and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Educate customers on product roadmap, document customer needs, and channel feedback to the engineering team
- Document all customer interactions and maintain up-to-date customer health scores
- Identify and document customer success drivers, supporting the internal customer success playbook development
Who You Are
- Experienced. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer/stakeholder-facing role Bachelor’s degree preferred and work experience with a SaaS organization a plus.
- Accountable. You are organized and disciplined in managing projects and keeping deadlines, externally and internally; you respond to customers with integrity and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent marketer. You understand how to simplify the benefits of technical product features and updates to make them easy for customers.
- Sales oriented. You have a thorough understanding of complex organizational structures and can communicate effectively across the experience management spectrum; you can quickly recognize when growth conversations are needed.
- Passionate problem solver. You are passionate about solving problems, especially those that will bring success to the account and the individual customer.
Measures of Success
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- Customer expansion
- Monthly recurring revenue [MRR]
- Team spirit
Working in Singapore
Singapore is one of the best places in the world to work with its vibrant tech sector and good quality of life whilst still being affordable. It boasts a diverse population, some of the most delicious foods in the world, quality schools, public transit, low crime rates, low tax rates, and a highly-educated workforce.
Saleswhale has a diverse team with members from the US, UK, Germany, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and more. We welcome people of all backgrounds and we’re happy to help with visas and relocations.