Senior Software Engineer (Back-End), Core Engineering
Engineering – Software Engineer /
International Full Time Employee
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about solving complex problems and working with real-time data generation that powers Samba TV’s Core Technology. The Capture Team is a small but mighty team, humble, intellectually honest, curious, responsible for the systems that aggregate real-time TV data and static pre-ingested content ensuring availability to the content-identification infrastructure, supporting millions of IoT devices. This role is high impact, as it directly influences the quality of all of Samba’s products, creating TV viewership insights for our customers!
- Design and develop new features and capabilities, improving the resilience and throughput to ensure stable delivery of mission-critical reference data for our content-identification system
- Work on real-time TV data delivery infrastructure, supporting teams cross-functionally to ingest static content
- Gather data from sites worldwide to ensure reliable delivery in a small timeframe to enable the fleet responsible for monitoring millions of devices
- Build new services that will expand the type of content Samba TV can identify
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 r years of relevant professional experience) and demonstrated field experience in computer science/engineering
- 4+ years of software development experience, preferably back-end focused
- Experience building and maintaining distributed real-time systems with a high SLA
- Experience working with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of Linux
- Solid command of version control systems (Git in particular)Innovative thinking, creative solutions to new issues
- Team player who can share on-call rotation responsibilities
- Experience with Ansible / Terraform (knowledge and/or experience with modern DevOps tools)
- Experience working in Python, C++
- Experience working with video – transport streams, video capture, video processing, transcoding, frame analysis, FFMPEG
- Experience building test suites
- Experience profiling applications
- Hands-on experience with Kafka / RabbitMQ and stream-processing technologies
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!