Partner Development Manager/Senior Manager
San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago /
Sales – Client Partnerships (US) /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers. Samba TV is a data and analytics company providing essential television insights by leveraging the world’s most comprehensive source of real-time viewership data across broadcast, cable TV, OTT and digital media. Through software embedded in smart TVs, amplified by set-top boxes and mapped to connected devices, Samba makes TV audiences more addressable and measurable to help marketers activate cross-screen campaigns and analyze the impact of their media investment.
The Partner Development Manager serves as a key point of contact and liaison between strategic platform partners and Samba TV. This position is responsible for managing partner relationships with a focus on demand generation and growth of the world’s largest social networks, demand-side platforms (DSP’s), Agency Trading Desk, data marketplaces and other emerging platform partners. Revenue, data usage, and Samba TV awareness are all included within growth objectives for assigned partners.
As part of the Revenue team at Samba, you will oversee and be held accountable for the lifetime success and revenue growth of a portfolio of our leading platform partner. The ideal candidate has a passion for TV, digital advertising, technology, research and partner growth and development.
- Identify, develop, and lead Samba TV’s platform partnerships in order to drive direct or indirect revenue for our data products from the partner’s customer base.
- Retain and grow platform partners through product education, training and adoption of SambaTV's data solutions and insights.
- Work on regular pipeline, opportunity registration, and business reviews with selected partners.
- Negotiate commercial terms and contracts with partners.
- Ensure that the selected partners have a best-in-class experience as a Samba TV partner. Act as the day-to-day contact for key platform partner contacts, ensuring timelines are met, and that your partners are receiving the support and resources they need to influence deals in Samba TV’s favor.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Revenue, Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to create win-win-win scenarios.
- Develop and maintain business health metrics and provide updates to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Develop deep relationships with our clients - understand their business goals and be a trusted thought leader and advisor to influence and enable partners to apply the Samba TV tools to achieve those goals.
- Be a champion for your partners both internally and externally.
- Prioritize your time and efforts to maximize impact.
- 5+ years experience in partner sales, channel sales and/or alliance development, ideally in the data/martech/adtech/technology industry.
- Proven track record of goal attainment, product adoption and revenue growth through platform partnerships.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Strategic thinker who anticipates challenges and uses data and market intelligence to develop a roadmap for success.
- Excel at solving a high volume of complex customer challenges in a fast paced environment.
- Frequent interaction with clients with various stakeholders, including Managers, Directors, and Executive Leadership.
- A strong, consultative approach in helping partners and clients solve marketing challenges.
- Understanding of audience targeting and digital display, mobile, social and video technology.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and strategies.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter.
- Welcome ambiguity, utilizing it to shape strategic thinking.
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!