Senior Backend Engineer, Core Engineering
Engineering – Software Engineer /
International Full Time Employee
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join the core team in our Warsaw, Poland office who will be tasked with building our large-scale commercials detection and processing system from hundreds of channels across the whole world. This system uses multiple different video and audio techniques for live commercial detection and extraction and provides ability to easily process detected ads. We are a fast growing company so a candidate needs to have the ability to think fast, move fast and a desire to learn.
- This person will be responsible for designing and developing new features and capabilities, expanding harvesting operations to new TV markets, and optimizing for increased efficiency to support scaling of the system
- We are expecting multiple factor growth, and are currently on an exciting journey to improve our reliability and scalability that will have a direct bottom line impact on the organization. You will be working closely with other team members, but you should also be capable of independent work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or demonstrated field experience (4 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years of professional experience building highly scalable, fault-tolerant software with experience working in Python and/or Java
- Experience working with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of Linux
- Solid command of version control systems (Git)
- Understanding of microservices environments
- Willingness to share on-call rotation with team members
- Experience in web development with React
- Experience in Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience working with video – transport streams, video capture, video processing, transcoding, frame analysis
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!